A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Symbol Moving in Test Movie but not Rendered Video

Symbol Moving in Test Movie but not Rendered Video

Hi all,

having a problem with symbols, that move fine when I view the clip in Test Movie but don't move when I render an AVI video & watch it.

To explain in more detail, say I am creating a symbol, eg Pac-Man. I draw it, then I convert it to symbol & then go into edit. I make it's mouth open & close with the timeline & motion tweens. I come out & check it in Test Movie & it's ok, it's mouth open & closes.

Then (out of edit) in the timeline I use a motion tween to get it to move about the screen.

When I render the clip to AVI or whatever, the symbol will move about the screen, BUT the original movement of the mouth opening & closing that I created in edit mode doesn't happen, even though it looks fine in Test Movie.

Any thoughts? Help would be much appreciated.

It needs to be set as a 'graphic' with appropriate looping rather than a 'movieclip' on the main timeline. Movieclips only run their timelines when displayed in an interactive format i.e. a swf, they don't animate when being rendered for other formats. In the same way, any actionscript is completely ignored when rendering to non-swf formats.

Cheers,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.Shelley View Post
    It needs to be set as a 'graphic' with appropriate looping rather than a 'movieclip' on the main timeline.

Cheers,
    Rob
    That's Brilliant!

I didn't really understand what you meant, but after messing about a bit, I soon found the dropped down tab with graphic in it in the properties tab & then loop in one to the right of it.

It works like a dream!

Thanks Rob, I've been struggling with that one for a few months. I'll have to start coming on here, rather than endlessly searching google.