A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with flv files in the timeline

Help with flv files in the timeline

Hello,

Basically i have one long 3d cad animation that i broke up into seperate flv files at key points where i will need to have text boxes. At these points the video needs to pause and the text needs to show and then the next flv needs to play after the text box disapears. to get a paused effect i rendered jpegs at the key points which i will use to project the text boxes on to.

so what i need the time line be like is

videopart1 > jpeg(of last frame in videopart1)/text > videopart2 >...........

I need it to look seamless like a video that is just playing then stopping temp. for text then starting up again.

Is this possible and if so is my idea the best way to go about this. I can import the video into the time line, but i have no idea how to control when things start and play... Basically i load the video file in and it goes into one keyframe where i have no idea how to start the picture or even another flv. the flvs do play in flash fine btw.

I pretty new to actionscript so would prefer a methode with as little code writing as possible.

gernal info:

-Video is in 25fps
    -Using CS5.5

Thank you!

Dario

When importing, choose, Embed video in SWF and play in timeline, and for Symbol Type, choose Movie Clip. Then, when you have your video in a Movieclip on the Timeline, access it (by double-clicking it), create a new layer, and when you want to add a Text Caption, make a Frame there in your new layer and type some text, click on that Frame, press F9 to open Actions Panel, and type:

Actionscript Code:
    stop();

to stop the video there (or rather the movieclip from advancing, which will make the video stop as well). On that Frame with the text caption, make a button (draw a button, select it, press F8, convert to Button), select it, press F9 to open Actions Panel, and type this:

Actionscript Code:
    on(release){
        play();
    }

basically, it means, when you press the button and release your mouse button after pressing it, it should play the movieclip further, so that the video continues.

Repeat for other captions and video clips

Hope this is what you wanted
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Wow thanks! That really helped.

Just wondering, i guess there isn't a way to "play after a variable time elapse" right?

^Basically what you said but without the button....

Then, on the Frame, after stop(); - type this:

Actionscript Code:
    function advance(){
        play();
    }

setTimeout(advance, 1000);
    // 1000 milliseconds = 1 second

After 1000ms (1s), the function advance will be executed, where it tells Flash to play the Movieclip, so that it continues. Just change 1000 to the desired value to wait before it advances, and remember that it's measured in milliseconds
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

THank you sir!