A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to change Audio Between Frames?

Angry How to change Audio Between Frames?

I am using CS5 ActionScript 2.
    When I have different audios in frames, and go to the next frame, they overlap.
    How can I change that? Is there and Action Scripts useful? (Within 5 hours I found many that did not work . _ . ) (And I looked in F9 but dunno what code does what...)
    It's a game I am trying to make and each frame is like a different scene.
    And the audio is not on buttons. (I keep getting things about buttons and audio T _ T no. I want frames and audio.)
    Btw, I am absolutely new to Flash : I

Okay, I understand that you are new, but it doesn't make sense to learn AS 2.0 when it has been replaced by AS 3.0 which is far more powerful and provides a host of capabilities. They use different virtual machines so they cannot be intermixed.

I suggest that you use AS3.0 and the Sound class to load, play, switch, and stop your audio at the appropriate times. Don't focus on the timeline being as accurate as you may believe. The playback speed may vary based on the computer it is running on.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

as2 had

Code:
    stopAllSounds()
    was awesome!
    Last edited by rynoe; 06-07-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: My roomate spontaniously combusted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]