A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Using Google Docs as a CSM for Flash presentation--not coding required!

Using Google Docs as a CSM for Flash presentation--not coding required!

Why build something yourself when there's an existing solution, right? Flaczki is an open-source project that let's your clients edit the text contents of their Flash-based website through Google Docs. No coding is required. The PHP server-side script cracks open your SWF files and sticks new contents right into them. It's meant to be a turnkey solution.

Check out the development blog for the project if you're interested

http://flaczkojad.blogspot.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rynoe, don't hold back. What are you trying to say? :-)
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

After I invented the internet, Al Gore started sending me a ton of useless emails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, I'm just offering a solution to the community--free of charge--to what I perceived to be a problem: there's always some critical information that needs to be kept updated in a Flash-based website. Content-wise, perhaps 99.9% of your SWF file is devoted to eye-catching animation, video, and what-have-you. However attractive your creation is, from your clients' standpoint, the damage from inaccurate information could outweigh everything else. It might be the price of a product. It might be the address of a business or its phone number. These have to be correct and be kept up-to-date. I'm offering what I believe is a nice solution. If you don't need it--fine. I don't expect thanks for what I do, but I do resent, at a philosophical level, that there's some bozo out there, who believes he's Albert Einstein because he's managed to post a picture of sliced spam.

Who's Albert Einstien? He the guy who invented time?

Nice rant though.

I see your passionate about your product, but seriously you start a thread with "Why put up with dull knives!"
    Last edited by rynoe; 06-07-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: smelled a salesman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]