A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Diablo 3

Diablo 3

Anyone playing?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Uninstalled it.

Its all around the auction house, no more skill building and item grinding.

Me playing Hardcore most of the time I have lost 2 characters because of server lagging behind once taking a flag.

Played solo, killed diablo which I think was crappy. Then went public but it failed to me. Its linear with almost no generate map.

Blah! .. I'm playing Dayz or Torchlight 2
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Yeah I've put around 80 hours into a character so far. I was a huge D2 guy so this is perfect for me. It's very similar, with less emphasis on boss grinding. The auction house is there to get rid of third party sales and it does a good job of it.

My one complaint is that once you get to Inferno(The 4th difficulty setting), you really have to rely on auction hunting and item farming. The only way to progress is to get better equipment. The first 40 hours werent like that though. They timed it perfectly, with a level cap set at 60, I finished Hell mode at level 59.

I just dont think I'll be putting in these types of hours into the game for much longer. Once I get through inferno with my one character, I'll probably be done.

It's pretty linear alright, and I'm still unsure if I should go get the game, cos after playing 5 hours on a guest account, the game goes on the borderline of tedious for me, much after how diablo 2 ended up for me. *No offence to Diablo fans out there*

Granted, it's an awesome playing hack n slash n projectile stuffs, but the 'zombiefied AI' as your competition, or lack of, leaves me going back into MOBA games like Dota / LoL.

I'm about 70 hours in on a DH and 15 hours in on a barb.

I like the end game change(Valor runs as opposed to boss runs)

The boss fights are better and more dynamic.

I like the removal of skill trees.

The auction house is kind of meh at the moment. its overflooded with items and people who dont understand the value so it makes it hard to find really good items for legitimate prices(for instance you can find one item anywhere between 1,000-14,000,000)

Overall i have pretty much stopped playing league of legends and focused mainly on d3, however after almost 100 hours im getting a little burned out and may switch to something else once my barb hits inferno.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I haven't put ANY time into this. I got the game and then a bunch of other stuff has had my attention. I'm not even done normal yet haha- oh well there won't be a Diablo 4(ever or for 15 years) so I'm not in a rush to fly through the game.

What do you all think about the way the game is now compared to D2? I feel like you choose your character and that's it. Other then grinding away and farming gold to be able to buy good gear in the AH everyone is exactly the same. It sucked when you messed up a character with the wrong skill trees but that's better then the game just telling you what to do the whole time...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I love the new style.

An example would be i made a frost sorc in d2 hit max level went to do some of the hard new modes they patched in after a decade and ran into a dungeon where 90% of the monsters that could 2 shot you were 100% frost resist.

My character was literally a worthless bag of ****. none of her spells did any damage to anyone.

Now if im having trouble i can try a different build.

Wannabe the first thing you should do the next time you login if you have not already done so, is turn elective mode on. this lets you pick and choose what you want to use at which spot on the task bar. so instead of having to choose between say bash and cleave you can set clean to left bash to right and you are good to go.

I know for me on my DH things that worked in nightmare didnt work in hell, and that is not working in inferno. being able to change has made the game WORTH playing till the end.

a little off topic but, Why the **** did i play league of legends so much? holy crap. ive played 3 games since diablo 3 came out and all three games were full of the most ****ing retarded people, one of the worst gaming communities i have ever seen. Like worse then the Xboxlive COD players.

I think there's a correlation between price of entry and quality of players.

that seems counter to what the matchmaking system should be doing though.

I'm a 1400+ Elo player which is supposed to be the top 10% of players, you would think the really jackhole dumb mother ****ers would have been weeded out already.

Anyways this new diablo patch ruined everything so i cant play my DH anymore, and i think after 100+ hours its time to take a break.

We're learning about level building in school right now. The instructor shows a lot of D3 screen shots as a great example of vertex painting. I may have found my calling.

Nice gameplay
    Weird thing is that when i went to inferno act1 and looked for public games there were only 15 players all acts combined
    Eu server prime time tens of thousands players online
    And by the way all resist + vitality are a waste of a stats if you are ranged go all out dps and kite like it's going out of style.

Yeav a strong gust of wind blows my 100k dps DH up.

ive burned 300k in repair costs alone since the patch, and the drops somehow got worse after they "buffed" them.

Once I got to act 2 inferno on my barb and saw I can not do act 2 with the best act 1 gear and that the AH is required for me to progress I quit. (besides the obvious bugs like off screen mobs losing AI = my DH can kill anything if I just nudge up to them without them coming totally on screen)

Its funny because i made my first 2 sales already. i have earned back half the cost of the game.

I earned back the full cost of the game and haven't even had to waste time playing it.

I got a refund lol

Just not the game for me, or what I thought it would be after being a long time diablo player.

A bit off topic, but war of the roses Beta has started sign ups:
    http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/?ref=95867ddae4c

If its half as fun as warband you guys should check it out.

Nerds.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]