A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone here familiar with smart fox server?

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar

Anyone here familiar with smart fox server?

Hi, im using smart fox server for flash I want to know if theres a way to put it on an apache web server I have and it just runs from there rather than from my machine. Is this possible?

...wow this section is just dead... heh

Hi, in order to install something other than a conventional web application on a server, you probably need to run your one box ... could be a virtual one for a cheaper solution.

Maybe you can find specialized hosting company that installs special server ... probably would not be much cheaper than virtual box, but then the company takes care of security patches; with your own box it becomes your job

Musicman

Oh thanks for the response,

how about this idea just running the server through my machine and having the client on my site, but I could never get that to work i'd need a cross domain for that? can you explain a few steps on how to get that to work, ive looked at every sfs link on the planet to even do that please explain this method,

thanks ill buy you a beer in the future, a very big 20 billion gallon beer. ;P

p.s ive been wanting to get something like this running for about a year but kept delaying due to how complex it is for me and I would just focus on client stuff :/
    Last edited by AS3.0; 06-21-2012 at 10:57 PM.

nvm I got it too work woooooo!