A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Artist Seeking Flash Game Developer

resolved [RESOLVED] Artist Seeking Flash Game Developer

Hello everyone, I am an artist looking to make a flash game using my characters. I have messed with Flash a bit but I am no where close to being able to do this on my own, posting here to possibly find someone to help me out / possibly hire to help me make this flash game a reality.

I am looking to make a game similar to Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Simpsons Arcade, etc. A side-scrolling beat-em-up where you can walk in all four directions and defeat enemies.

Example gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjlEx9PCjU

I have been browsing the net for examples of flash games that play like this, and various tutorials:
    Character Movement Tutorial
    Enemy follow character tutorial
    Beat 'Em Up Tutorial

Although I assume stuff like this is very basic to some of you.

I will be providing all of the graphics necessary to make this, all I need is someone confident in flash to be able to make this game / engine.

I have *'d features I feel like are necessary, but I've also included features I would like to possibly make it into the game:

What I'd like this game to have:
    Possible opening scene.
    *Character animations when running, jumping, using attacks, receiving damage, etc.
    *Character selection screen displaying a character's headshot icon, the character's standing sprite, and their stat points when they are hovered over, allowing the player to view all the different characters before selecting.
    Each character having different walking speeds, attack power, life points, armor points, etc.
    *WASD character movement in all directions
    *Side-scrolling background / stage
    *Each character having 3 different attacks.
    *Jumping, and jump attacking.
    * Health Points. (Hearts that are removed when character is hit)
    Armor Points. (Shields that are removed when character is hit, and are removed before Health Points are removed)
    Health / Armor restore items
    * Enemies that follow and attack players. Some enemies should be able to take more hits from the player than others, such as Boss enemies.
    *Attacks stop movement of enemies, some attacks can knock back enemies away from the player, special attacks should do more damage than regular attacking.
    *Giving certain characters a heal move, taking up one of their attack keys, would replenish one of their life hearts.
    Giving certain characters a similar repair move, taking up one of their attack keys, would replenish one of their armor shields.
    A possible 1 - 3 levels
    An image / scene display after a level has been completed or just after the game has been completed.

The easier it is to edit the graphics / add levels and characters the better.

Character select screen example

Game screen example

I understand this is asking for a LOT, good help along with this will be paid for, if even possible. And this certainly does not have to be professional-level quality.

If you are interested or have questions you can reply here or email austinkun@gmail.com

It seems like I can't edit the original post, but I just wanted to clarify that the examples shown are not the art that would be presented in the game, they are mere layout sketch examples to help get the point across.

Here is what I'm considering to be the designs of the playable characters of this game:

And I am also currently working on the animations for this project, here is a quick unfinished animation:

Thank you guys!

Hi, looks like a fun project to work on. I wish i had more experience with Flash game programming. I enjoy the art style too.

Good luck, i hope to play this when its done or as a beta tester.

Thank you! I have so far gotten two people interested in the project... hopefully everything goes over well with this and that it will one day be finished...

Here is a smoother animation than the previous version I posted a few days ago.

Hi, If its a paid project.... am in
    Charag - 3D, Flash Games, Animations,
    Website Development & More...

Quote Originally Posted by letschillout View Post
    Hi, If its a paid project.... am in
    I know of two other programmers that have contacted me about this already. First I would have to see some of your experience with flash / game development. Id also have to ask what / how you charge for your services.

I have experience developing games, but my expertise is in shooting games. Been wanting to work on a beat'em up, but I haven't gotten around to it, and the combo system seems like it might be challenging.
    Send me a PM if you're interested in mini Flash games.
    Examples of my work: Arian Starfighter, Hikouki Consecution
    I'm interested in doing small-scale games at the moment.

So the programmer I was communicating with on Newgrounds cant do this project anymore so I am without help now...

If you're still interested you can always post here and/or email me at austinkun@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by violentaj
    I have experience developing games, but my expertise is in shooting games. Been wanting to work on a beat'em up, but I haven't gotten around to it, and the combo system seems like it might be challenging.
    Honestly this game would be very simple when it comes to the combat system, as I'm not really confident in my animations to make a complex fighter... I would only need basic button presses, one button being one attack with 3 attacks per character, and a jump attack, some characters being able to block, some characters being able to heal themselves, some characters being able to dodge, essentially.

Question regarding the three attacks: Would the attacks chain together like a combination, or would they just be separate attacks?
    Send me a PM if you're interested in mini Flash games.
    Examples of my work: Arian Starfighter, Hikouki Consecution
    I'm interested in doing small-scale games at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by violentaj View Post
    Question regarding the three attacks: Would the attacks chain together like a combination, or would they just be separate attacks?
    The three attacks would not have to be in succession or combo into each other or anything like that.

However, if it would be possible to be able to do multiple light attacks in a row that'd be a lot better in my opinion. Or to be able to do a light attack that stuns the enemy long enough for the player to do a heavy attack.

But I'm not exactly making a combo system or anything.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Hi I can help you for free if you pay me with an animated isometric character for my game.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar