Hello everyone, I am an artist looking to make a flash game using my characters. I have messed with Flash a bit but I am no where close to being able to do this on my own, posting here to possibly find someone to help me out / possibly hire to help me make this flash game a reality.

I am looking to make a game similar to Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Simpsons Arcade, etc. A side-scrolling beat-em-up where you can walk in all four directions and defeat enemies.

Example gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjlEx9PCjU

I have been browsing the net for examples of flash games that play like this, and various tutorials:
Character Movement Tutorial
Enemy follow character tutorial
Beat 'Em Up Tutorial

Although I assume stuff like this is very basic to some of you.

I will be providing all of the graphics necessary to make this, all I need is someone confident in flash to be able to make this game / engine.

I have *'d features I feel like are necessary, but I've also included features I would like to possibly make it into the game:

What I'd like this game to have:
Possible opening scene.
*Character animations when running, jumping, using attacks, receiving damage, etc.
*Character selection screen displaying a character's headshot icon, the character's standing sprite, and their stat points when they are hovered over, allowing the player to view all the different characters before selecting.
Each character having different walking speeds, attack power, life points, armor points, etc.
*WASD character movement in all directions
*Side-scrolling background / stage
*Each character having 3 different attacks.
*Jumping, and jump attacking.
* Health Points. (Hearts that are removed when character is hit)
Armor Points. (Shields that are removed when character is hit, and are removed before Health Points are removed)
Health / Armor restore items
* Enemies that follow and attack players. Some enemies should be able to take more hits from the player than others, such as Boss enemies.
*Attacks stop movement of enemies, some attacks can knock back enemies away from the player, special attacks should do more damage than regular attacking.
*Giving certain characters a heal move, taking up one of their attack keys, would replenish one of their life hearts.
Giving certain characters a similar repair move, taking up one of their attack keys, would replenish one of their armor shields.
A possible 1 - 3 levels
An image / scene display after a level has been completed or just after the game has been completed.

The easier it is to edit the graphics / add levels and characters the better.

Character select screen example

Game screen example

I understand this is asking for a LOT, good help along with this will be paid for, if even possible. And this certainly does not have to be professional-level quality.

If you are interested or have questions you can reply here or email austinkun@gmail.com