A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cross-domain problem, despite the same domain for .swf and images

Cross-domain problem, despite the same domain for .swf and images

Hi guys,

i have some super strange problem. I have a image gallery on my site, which loading dynamically images. There is .xml setttings file, in which are the urls to the images. The .swf is set to the same host as the images... But there appear some cross domain problem. Loading of the .xml file fails. When i upload crossdomain xml settings on my host - the problem is fixed and the .xml file is loaded. But... here is the super strange moment ... forcesmoothing = true DOESN`t WORK I try everything - but still doesn`t work.

Forcesmoothing is set in onLoad function for the movieclip, which is used for loading every image. On one of my other sites - this gallery work properly. But here NOT In my other site there is even no crossdomain file, because of the same domain for the loading images and the swf.

Is there someone who can tell me why AS2 tells, that i load images from crossdomain? Or why (if this is not cross domain problem) the forcesmoothing doesn`t work ... ? I`m sure that is used right, because on my other site it works.

Scotty does know how to Fla-make cool ads.

http://flamake.net - this Ads will Fla-make you crazy. Find your cheap flash banners and see the best commercials around the world.

Hi,

are you using Flash 8 and trying it inside Flash? If so, then that's the problem, because forceSmoothing was added in Flash Player 9, so you won't see it in effect with Flash Player 8. If you did try it in your browser and it's still not working, then try updating your flash player, otherwise, I dunno what's wrong :P
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Hi,

Maybe try putting the ForceSmoothing = true inside the onLoadInit rather than inside onLoadStart

Some isp's do not allow cross scripting or hot linking. possibilty

Thank you guys for the efforts. I appreciate your answers, but none of them works

For Nig_13 - i`ve tried all the flash players 8 to 10.2, but same result. Inside the Flash everything works fine (even for flash player 8). The problem is online - the crossdomain issue (though i have Security Policy loading cross-domain.xml).

For fruitbeard - your answer works instead onLoad event inside of the movie clip, but doesn`t solve the issue. Only inside the Flash, not online.

But about couple of hours ago i reach one stupid but acceptable solution. After reading tones of forum threads - the last thing, that left was to publish with Flash Player 7. Some guy was said in one of his articles, that in Flash Player 7 the smoothing was true by default. It sounds soooo ridiculous BUT IT SOLVES THE PROBLEM for some god damn reason. The flash player 7 hasn`t many tools and possibilities, but for my gallery - it has everything necessary. The gallery works properly and i drink my favourite cocktail in order to celebrate solving my devilish problem And i will sleep sooo tight this night

P.P. And i want to ask ADOBE - for what freakin reason, they are made this Security Sand Box policy for the holly forcesmoothing property. What could it harm??? This sounds me like a trap left from Macromedia This is the first unsolved bug, that i meet with the holly Flash. (flash player 7 for me isn`t real solution, just very private case )

Scotty does know how to Fla-make cool ads.

http://flamake.net - this Ads will Fla-make you crazy. Find your cheap flash banners and see the best commercials around the world.