A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Forum Should Looks Clean

Forum Should Looks Clean

FlashKit has changed its look and feel but to me it should have to be more clean.

Just a Sketch:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marlopax; 09-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Please define "clean" and give specific examples.
    We know what it looks like now

Right now in my browser it looks messy, lots of useless space which should be more compact.

This forum should have to gain a bold and compact look and feel so members can quickly navigate.

Me too know what it looks like now and hope everyone here are too.

I am talking about the UI of this forum as I love this forum from beginning.

There might be many out here love the yellow theme of this forum, which I don't think that this blue is bad, but as things are changing by time, I hope the look and feel of this forum should more modernize, which is not right now to me.

AD is the source I know but I think that should be in a specific dedicated place instead of everywhere of this forum. This makes more messy to me.

I love to browse this from Mobile too. If this will be in HTML5 grid system.

Thank You.

marlopax

I sent a link of this thread to the developers. They are currently very busy converting other sites. Odds are they won't be able to make too much if any difference in the way the site currently is.. But who knows

What is "clean" is a matter of opinion. On many sites, formats are going more open with more white space to make it easier to read. On others, text can be going more compact. Opinions differ on which is best and which is not.

We are currently working to clean up a few issues with the underlying software. Once that is done, we can come back and revisit possible changes or updates to the layout, colors, and such. You should direct your feedback. As always, we might not do everything any one person wants as we are working to make a forum that works for hundreds of thousands of people that visit.

Feel free to make suggestions. We will consider them.

Brad!

Ugh, I hate adapting to new styles, at least after getting used to the previous one for so long. I hate this new design, 'cause it's really not "clean" -> there's just so much, which makes it unreadable at first glance... In the old design, I could easily tell which topics I had read and which not, but in this one, it's really hard to tell due to the icons looking similar to each other. There should be colors to make it easier to distinguish!
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Not to mention that there is no longer an AS quick selection tag in the advanced editor (nor the quick one), and no CODE tag in the quick editor. AS (HIGHLIGHT) tag works manually, but why is it so narrow??? Also, why is the color for links the same as the text? No one can tell if something is a link any longer, and that's really frustrating. Also, when typing in the editor, words are literally cut when continuing on the same word in the next line after it has reached the right-side limit of the editor, and that looks horrible, and I hate the new editor!

I despise the new design, it looks too mainstream. FlashKit's own characteristic forum design was much better in my opinion. The only positive about the design is that the editor auto-saved your message, meaning no more losing long written posts due to mistakenly closing the window.

Just found another flaw. Click on anyone's profile, and look below their profile image, it should say:

Add as Friend
    Add to Ignore List
    Find latest posts
    Find latest started threads

but can you find it? Barely, because it blends with the background beneath it. Blue and light gray is a very bad combination as you can barely read what says there!

Color combo issue reported.

I like how mods defend the current design, when it is obviously not "clean". obviously to anyone who had ever seen any other forum. come on, guys, if you can't get these ads off, at least have balls to call things what they are.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Wow... realMakc, sweetheart - please tell us how you really feel about it

The ads have always been here. So we call the site-> "FREE TO MEMBERS"

why not, I will tell you:
    There are currently 776 users online. 2 members and 774 guests
    so if you love your members - hide all the ads for those who logged in.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by steve r jones View Post
    color combo issue reported.
    fixed.

Cool, but what about the AS tags? Those are really important! Can you try and get that fixed as well?

Sorry I missed your other post.

AS tag and URL's hard to see-> reported.

They should be able to make the URL's underlined which will make em more noticeable.