A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash with html5 for mobile?

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar

Flash with html5 for mobile?

I've got a client that I created a flash Christmas animation for and now they want an iPad version. So, I used Edge to create an html5 version, and they want to give their users one url that will detect which version it should send them to. Is there some javascript or something that I can put on the page to detect (mostly they're concerned about iPads) a mobile platform? I've looked around and found some server side stuff, but nothing that really seems to fit.
    I found this, which almost works, but the iframe plays the music from the html5 version on top of the flash version if they're not on mobile...
    Thanks!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Why don't they play the HTML5 version only and omit Flash?
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

That was their original idea, but their entire company is on IE8 which doesn't support Edge animations, so I had to create a flash version, but they want to have one link that can detect if the user has an iPad and have that push them to the html5 version.
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Then create a javascript script, which shows Flash only in IE Browsers. I found a useful script for many browsers including mobile.

http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html

I never tried it that way around though.

Also here is another solution for IE8 HTML5:
    http://kinghill-server.appspot.com/f...758370#4758370
    Last edited by cancerinform; 12-10-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Alright, I've got them talked into providing 2 links, one for the flash content and, at the bottom, another link directing iPad/iPhone users to the html5 site.
    Now my issue is that the Edge animation has to have an audio file playing. Edge doesn't support audio, so I used the html5 audio tag and it works fine on the iPhone, but the iPad doesn't play any audio. After lots of looking around, it appears that the iPad will only play an audio file if the user clicks a button to play the audio. Is there a way to have the same button start the audio AND the animation??
    Ah, bleeding edge technology...
    Thanks!