A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML vs XML?

HTML vs XML?

Hwllo Frnds,

Plz define difference between HTML vs XML in simple language......

Thank u,

Hello Guys according to that topic i think that HTML is a markup language used to quickly show some way of outcome.The basic purpose of this is to make the static webs.On the other hand XML is a very tight markup language which is not usually used to make content.Its main use is as a tool for developing other markup languages that make the required content.Thanks a lot!!

hello..
    There are many difference in between HTML and XML but I mention two points which can separate them. Main difference between HTML and XML is that HTML describes presentation and XML describes content. Second difference is that an HTML document rendered in a web browser is human readable. XML is aimed toward being both human and machine readable.

the answers above could work for a test. if you ask for yourself, html has fixed tag names (so that browser can understand them) and exceptions (like some tags that need not to be closed) that makes it invalid xml almost always. xml, on the other hand, can have any tag names you want, but must adhere to strict rules (or else xml parsers will refuse to parse it).
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

p.s. whoever thinks xml is human readable, burn in hell
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Hi buddy,

HTML is written using HTML elements, which consist of tags, primarily and opening tag and a closing tag.The XML is well-formed and has strict set of rules. The most salient difference between HTML and XML is that HTML describes presentation and XML describes content. An HTML document rendered in a web browser is human readable. XML is aimed toward being both human and machine readable.

There is a lot of confusion on the responses to this question. Let me see if I can make it a little clearer.

XML and HTML were developed with different purposes in mind.
    XML was developed to describe data and with a focus on what the data represents.
    HTML was developed to display data with a focus on the way that the data looks.
    HTML is about displaying data, XML is about describing the information the XML file holds.
    XML is extensible, in other words, you can create your own tag names.
    HTML has a defined set of tag names, allbeit they are changing quite frequently, they are still defined.

XML was developed to compliment the HTML language. It is important that you understand that XML is not or never was intended as a substitute for HTML. If XML follows that original path of the developed intention of the language, then in the future we will see, XML will be the main language of the data structure of the web page and HTML will be responsible for displaying the page.

I hope that makes it a little clearer.
    Mike
    Web Development Training
    http://www.ontargethtml5.com

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    I think html prob came from xml and its just a type of node-style language

the guy before gave answer to its devolve.

HTML XML
    HTML is used to display data and focuses on how data looks. XML is a software and hardware independent tool used to transport and store data. It focuses on what data is.
    HTML is a markup language itself. XML provides a framework to define markup languages.
    HTML is not case sensitive. XML is case sensitive.
    HTML is a presentation language. XML is neither a presentation language nor a programming language.
    HTML has its own predefined tags. You can define tags according to your need.
    In HTML, it is not necessary to use a closing tag. XML makes it mandatory to use a closing tag.
    HTML is static because it is used to display data. XML is dynamic because it is used to transport data.
    HTML does not preserve whitespaces. XML preserve whitespaces.

XML simply provides data. HTML has defined tags, which are recognized by browsers. I have made a website for free for actors, where I am using XML as a flexible data source. I have attached the website template and instructions but without the images, because the file would be too large to upload. Hope that clarifies something. The site is made of Javascript, from where the XML file is uploaded.

PS: I do not currently have my website (flashscript.biz) any more.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform View Post
    XML simply provides data. HTML has defined tags, which are recognized by browsers. I have made a website for free for actors, where I am using XML as a flexible data source. I have attached the website template and instructions but without the images, because the file would be too large to upload. Hope that clarifies something. The site is made of Javascript, from where the XML file is uploaded.

PS: I do not currently have my website (flashscript.biz) any more.
    Nice

XML is aimed toward being both human and machine readable.

HTML is primarily used for web page creation and focuses on visual presentation, while XML is a flexible language for structuring and describing data, allowing for custom tags and extensibility.

HTML is used for structuring content on the web, defining the layout and presentation. XML, on the other hand, focuses on data transport and storage, providing a flexible way to structure and exchange information. i have seen this on one of the best website https://********tingoveritapks.com