A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Html tag is breaking

Html tag is breaking

So this is related to the question I posted earlier about populating a text box... It's getting the text from the Component Parameters, but if there are html tags (to bold a word in the text) it works, but after saving and closing, then reopening, the text is gone. However, the text will still be there in the Component Parameter if it does not have any HTML coding in it.
    Here's the action script for the text field:
    Code:
    var tempString = "";
    content_slide_mc.note_txt2.html = true;
    for (i=0; i<stepsArray.length; i++) {
    	tempString += (i+1)+". "+stepsArray[i]+"<br>";
    }
    content_slide_mc.note_txt2.htmlText = tempString;
    I didn't create this and don't really know this level coding, so am not sure what's broken. Can anyone see why the text disappears from the parameters after being reopened?

Thanks!

To be more specific, there is text entered in the Properties tab under Component parameters. there are two properties... one which has only one Value set, and one that has a values pop-up menu where multiple Values can be set. The html tags work fine and are still there after reopening on the single value, but the one with the multiple values set in the values pop-up will not keep any text with html tags. If there are no tags and it's just plain text, it will still be there on reopening the file. Anything with any html, even if only on one single word, will be completely cleared out and empty on reopening the file. Both the single value property that works and the multiple value property that doesn't contain text that is loaded into different text fields in the same movieclip. (it's a pop-up with instructions for a lesson built entirely in flash)

Let me know if you need more information.... That's the best explaination I can come up with for what's broken. Any help/suggestions appreciated!