A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: View AS3 examples?

View AS3 examples?

Hi, I downloaded these examples:
    https://github.com/away3d/away3d-examples-fp11

What's the simplest way of viewing these examples?
    I managed to view some of them by
    - creating a new FlashDevelop project
    - copy all the files into that folder
    - then inside FlashDevelop right click on all the swc files and press "Add to Library"
    - right click on one of the as files and press "Document Class"

Some of the examples work, but others give me errors such as
    D:\Flash\Examples\Away3D\src\Intermediate_Characte rAnimation.as(126): col: 31 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: CrossfadeStateTransition.

Can't be right? Am I supposed to open it in FlashDevelop or are there other ways? I have FlashBuilder but I don't think that will make it easier?
    There's a folder with .launch-files for every example, can I use these files in some way? I don't know how to use them.

I've had this problem for a long time so I thought I should find out once and for all...
    What's the best way of viewing these examples? And other examples like these, that comes in this file structure.

Please help! Thanks guys

You have to download the file and extract all to a new folder. then open the project file (make sure what IDE they used for that project).

poltuda

It looks like whoever created that git resource failed to include the entire away3d package.
    That demo is looking for away3d.animators.transitions.CrossfadeStateTransit ion but the only folder included was away3d.primitives
    You should be ok if you just download the whole package and replace the away3d folder in the demo's with the downloaded one.

http://away3d.com/download/

Quote Originally Posted by poltuda View Post
    You have to download the file and extract all to a new folder. then open the project file (make sure what IDE they used for that project).

poltuda
    Well that's basically what I'm asking about, since it doesn't indicate on either FlashDevelop or FlashBuilder. Perhaps it's made to fit both?
    Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    It looks like whoever created that git resource failed to include the entire away3d package.
    That demo is looking for away3d.animators.transitions.CrossfadeStateTransit ion but the only folder included was away3d.primitives
    You should be ok if you just download the whole package and replace the away3d folder in the demo's with the downloaded one.

http://away3d.com/download/
    Oh forgot to mention, I did include Away3D manually but still get errors on a few of the examples... (for example Advanced_ShallowWaterDemo)
    Can you open that example after including the Away3D lib?