A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SWF Studio and Browser Zoom...

Post SWF Studio and Browser Zoom...

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded the demo SWF Studio.
    I just do not thing wrong with but I stuck on one thing:

- How to use the 'Zoom' to Browser (ssCore.Browser)?
    I found it in the ActiveX (Shell.Explorer) OLECMDID_ZOOM = 19

How to use this?
    Thank you very much.
    Goodbye.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    ssCore.Browser is a custom wrapper around the generic browser interface and doesn't expose that functionality. You can use ssCore.ActiveX to host a copy of the IE OCX yourself and call any method you like, but you won't have access to all the other things that ssCore.Browser does for. That may not matter for you though, it depends on what you need.
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Thank you very much for the information. Have an example to me to use the zoom in the ActiveX 'Shell.Explorer'?

A soon.

I don't have a specific example but you'll want to call the ExecWB method with the OLECMDID (which you've already figured out) and the parameter(s) that the ZOOM command needs. Which you can find at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx.

Now that I think about it though, that functionality is really for embedded OLE documents. I'm not sure how Shell.Explorer will interpret it (if it supports it at all).

What are you trying to do? Provide a way for the user to zoom in/out on the HTML that you've loaded into the browser instance?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Northcode View Post
    What are you trying to do? Provide a way for the user to zoom in/out on the HTML that you've loaded into the browser instance?
    This is exactly what I want to do!
    You have an idea to do this?

Thank you so much!

P.S : Since my demo version will expire soon, is that this software (SWF Studio) will evolve over time and do updates are planned?

I had a look through the Shell.explorer methods and I didn't seeanything (obvious) that would allow you to zoom the contents except for ExecWB so I'd try that first.

Another "trick" that might work is to send the Ctrl+ and Ctrl- keystrokes to the explorer window. That one's a little trickier. i could try to make this a feature of ssCore.Browser but it would take some monkeying about (so no guarantees).

Your trial version never expires, the only limitation is that the EXEs you build will only run for 1 day after they are first installed. So you don't have to worry about the trial version expiring before you get everything figured out

Cool

Thank you very much for the information. I expect a lot ...

Otherwise speaking of SWF Studio, have you planned a new version or a particular update?

A soon.