A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Issue with loading image dynamically!

Issue with loading image dynamically!

I am using the URLLoader class to load the image. When the image is loaded I do a addChild() to display the image.

Issue is: After I do the addChild(), image takes some time to load/render even though the Event.Complete is fired. Is there any other event which can signal me when the image is completely rendered on the screen ?
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Hi, Vinayak Kadam.
    I wonder you want to load image from URL? Or from local file? You can google it and select a professional 3rd party
    image loading tool whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Arron

When flash knows the dimensions of the image, the image is usually loaded. Probably your image is really big in terms of mb. Either reduce the size of your image or use an additional timer, which will make sure the image is on the screen.

BTW, use addchild before the image is loaded. There is no reason to use it later.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

When you load image from file, the starting, canceling and completing of image loading process will be noticed on your image opening project. You need to see this post on how to set.