A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: hanging swinging man

Hybrid View

hanging swinging man

Hi All,

Looking for a starting point for how to do the following if possible.

Attached is an fla file that has a number of movieclips which make up the head, torso and limbs of a man - there is also a little rope clip there too.

What I am trying/hoping to do is make all of the clips link up and create the effect of the man hanging from the rope (sounds a lot more morbid than it should!!!hang-swing.zip)

and the other thing that I am trying to do is to make each clip (apart from the head and rope) draggable and when dragged all the linked clips move in accordance - a bit like the ragdoll effect.

Anyone know where to start? I have tried a few things but nothing works quite as it should - so I am hoping that someone here can put me right please?

Here's hoping...

this is pretty much exactly what i am trying to do...

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs43/f/20..._by_Donitz.swf

anyone? x

or maybe someone can just tell me/show me how i can make the head stay in a fixed position on the stage? the functionality of what i want to do is all in this fla - just want it to look as if it is hanging as opposed to freeform?Emokid_Ragdoll_by_voidSkipper.fla

...sorry... was meant to be this .zip file...

doll.zip

in terms of box2d you need to pin the head to the world by revolute joint. if you go to http://www.box2dflash.org/ and download their example, you will find ragdoll demo included, which is few steps away from what are you looking for.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2