A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash CS5.5 AS2 Key question

Flash CS5.5 AS2 Key question

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    if (Key.isDown(65)) {
    this.gotoAndStop("attack1");

The problem is, when i press letter "a" (key.isDown(65)"" it will animate "attack1" but it will not finish the animation unless i hold the button... i wanted it to just one push and it will automatically finish the frames without holding button "a",

this is just for now thx

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    There's a script you are not providing, i think. The scripts that will happen when you release the button. I think you have a line in your script that will be made when you release the "a" button, it goes to first 1 (or the frame when the character is "stand"). So that's why when you release the button, instead of the animation of the attack continues, it stops, because the main movieclip gotoAndStop the first frame, or the frame with the "stand" state.

If you don't have any other script, i don;t know what's the issue then, because i tried your script, and it works, when you press "a" button, the attack animation runs perfectly until its end here, because this script you posted, doesn't have any event for when you release the "a" button.
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

yes it will go to the character stand or idle.. what should i replace the "this.gotoAndStop".

btw. i tried isToggle instead of isDown so it will finish the frame but i dont know how to toggle it 'off' again.

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    My suggestion is.. make the attack1 animation as a movieclip, inside the main movieclip. Put an instance name to the attack1 animation's movieclip.
    Then in the main movieclip's script, make a function like this:
    onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    if (Key.isDown(65))
    {
    this.AnimInstanceName.play();
    }
    }
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

hi angelhdz it doesnt seem to be wirking or im doing it wrong.. the attack1 is in movie clip so i did this..

if (Key.isDown(65))
    {
    this.attack1.play();
    }

do you have or could you give me a sample .fla file that i can open and study, that is related to my question? it would possibly help me alot thanks!