A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: trouble with publishing AS3 project using AIR 3.2 for iOS as Target

trouble with publishing AS3 project using AIR 3.2 for iOS as Target

Hello,

I am new to publishing an AS3 project to develop an iOS application and I am having troubles for which I have been unable to find a solution.

Upon publishing, I receive the following error:

"iOS publishing requires files which are not installed. Please quit Flash Professional and run the original installer to ensure that all optional components are installed."

I am running Flash Professional CS6 and I have successfully attained the necessary Developer License, Certificate, + Provisioning profile, yet am unable to move forward.

I also have AIR 3.2 installed.

I am running OSX 10.6.8 (last OSX I liked, though I would "upgrade" if it provided a solution to my problem.)

I would throw in the installer disk if I had it, but it's a business license and I have no disc.

Thanks for reading --any help will be much appreciated!....

Yes, it's a pain getting that stuff to work in older versions of Flash.

You should use the latest version of air. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

You have to overlay it yourself - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/m...essional1.html

Once the air sdk is overlayed correctly, you'll see the air version 4.0 available. Old versions of Air won't work with new versions of IOS. You have to keep current.

An error in your certificate or provisioning file should cause an error either when you publish or when you install or run the app. Not the error you listed.

Moot,

Thanks for the speedy reply and even more for the clear solution.

My first app has been successfully published thanks to your reply!

Cheers!