A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Build me a simple preloader (will pay $$)

Build me a simple preloader (will pay $$)

Hello. My name is leo, I have returned to flash after something like eight years and made a game. Last time I used flash, it was action script 2. Anyway, the thing's done, I want to upload it to the internet to show people, but for some reason no matter what tutourial i follow i simply can not seem to make a working pre-loader. I've tried so, so, so hard. Nothing works. Life is too short for this misery.

Therefore I am willing to pay one of you good folks to take my .fla and make one for me. I just want a simple as they come preloader - just a loading bar that corresponds to the percentage of the file that is downloading, and then a play button once the thing's downloaded.

I won't be giving you any credit on the game, but I will pay you whatever price we both agree is reasonable for your services.

PM me if you're interested. Payment can be made be through wire transfer or paypal.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this request - mods please relocate/delete thread as necessary.

Here's a good tutorial to doing a good wrapper preloader: http://gotoandlearn.com/play.php?id=85

It's pretty straightforward. If you have questions let us know.

Hi moot, thanks for your reply. I've tried so many different tutorials and none seem to work. I'm sure it's just something I'm doing wrong but at this point I just want this thing done by someone who knows what they're doing. I can't even bear to look at the damn thing any more

I'll do it for you. I'll PM you my email.

Not sure if you got my PM, my email address is tom[at]gpstudios.com. Send me the files and I'll get it done for you asap.

I looked for mine but couldn't find it so I'm making a new one. I'll post it when it works.