A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Was thinking of returning to Actionscript and make games, but wanted to know...

Was thinking of returning to Actionscript and make games, but wanted to know...

... how the Flash gaming scene is at the moment. Is Flash games still a popular thing online (not talking mobile, only browser games). I used to do some small games for my old website (gone now), but stuff got in the way and I spent my time on other things. Now I feel like going back and start coding stuff again for a new website.

So, how active is the Flash gaming scene? I've read in so many places how Flash is dying, or even DEAD (I hope not). I just don't wanna spend time coding games (I only do smaller ones :P) to then just find out that maybe the Flashplayer will not be supported anymore, people will not care to have it installed in their browsers or whatever.

Also, I wanted to use an online highscore system (leaderboard?) that is pretty secure, only one I found was scoreoid. Checking scoroid's website just makes me question them as it has far apart updates, even their twitter, and there are spelling/grammar errors ALL OVER the entire site. Anyone got experience dealing with them? Are they good? Are their servers for hosting score stable and always online?

Cheers for any reply.
    Last edited by Geneve; 05-22-2014 at 08:09 AM.

It's still active nowadays. Games designed from Flash are still being played up to now and people would install them in their browser as long as their Flash player is updated.

There are many web sites which offer help/tutorials for flash game developers.
    <signature removed by admin>

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    There are many web sites which offer help/tutorials for flash game developers.
    Do you mind sharing a few websites that offer decent tutorial for aspiring Flash game developers?

Please try google search.

Alright I thought you know a few tutorial sites that can help. Maybe Youtube has them.

Quote Originally Posted by speedofdark43 View Post
    Alright I thought you know a few tutorial sites that can help. Maybe Youtube has them.
    You may try:
    http://www.flashgametuts.com/