A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Roulette wheel animation

Roulette wheel animation

Hello everyone, i have a flash roulette game and I would like to improve the wheel animation, currently it is a top view with very poor physics.

The project can take two directions, one is to improve the physics of current wheel and the other is to completely redesign it, making a 3D perspective wheel. I think a redesign would be the best but I am open to suggestions.

This game is controlled by a php file which passes the winning number, the animation should get it and make the ball land in the corresponding spot. All the communication with the php controller is done and the winning number will be stored in an action script variable, so the only job here is to animate the wheel.

All the artwork must be vector based, If you are good with programming but not designing i could purchase stock graphics for you to animate.

Experience with roulette animations will be very much appreciated, if you have done something like this before please include links to previous work.

I don't have a big budget for this but depending on the quality I could pay around $100 to $200.

Thanks so much for reading,
    Gaston

Hi,

You could save yourself a few dollars here and maybe purchase this one or similar

http://activeden.net/item/random-rou...le-wheel/11012

Hello fruitbeard, I purchased that file already but can't make the ball stop on a predefined number. I contacted the author but he can't do it neither.

The file is good to have an idea of how to make a 3D perspective using plain graphics and animate it, but I couldnt use it for my game.

If someone is able to make that animation fit my needs I would be very interested.

Thanks again

Hi,

It's not 3D and it could do with some tweaking on the ball getting the right number at times, but it might help you along somehow.
    CS5

Thank you very much for your time and help fruitbeard!

Your example works great and helped me understand how hitTest works, the problem with this technique is that in my game the number is generated by a php controller and then sent to the front-end to be displayed. So i have to stop the ball on a pre defined number.

Following your example i think that i could spin both the wheel and the ball and after a few spins check when the ball is over the number received from the php controller and in that moment apply a constant deceleration that should stop the ball in exactly 360°. Is there a way to do this? because i can not hitTest all time, i would need an event dispatched when the ball goes over x number.

Thanks again!
    Gaston