A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Children of the Kingdom - RPG

Threaded View

Children of the Kingdom - RPG

I know we aren't supposed to link out to our fla's but this is pretty huge file and I would like anyone that want's to help or learn to see it in its full...ness... is that a word? Well I need help with a few things and I encourage anyone who is familiar with AS2 to help out if you'd like.

Anyway, this is the Turn Based RPG that I've been working on for about 3 years or so? I don't remember, I've scoured the internet for a logn time trying to string together enough code to make a working 2D RPG system that doesn't adhere to the average tile based systems. There is a lot of problems and things that still don't work as well as plot that isn't finished, but it's very far along. I've taken the time to go through most of the actionscript and comment exactly what things do, anyone with basic AS2 knowledge won't be completely lost and those who aren't too good at AS2 may learn something. Here is the file, and below it I will list features, things that need to be done, and things that are still broken

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yd...gdom_-_RPG.fla

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1p...gdom_-_RPG.swf

Features:
    Start menu (works with keyboard as well)
    Stat screen
    Inventory screen
    Random Battles
    character interactions
    conversations
    cutscenes
    boss battles (only one so far)
    level requirements for story progression
    inn system
    working level system and exp system
    keyboard controlled turn based battle system (menu is still a bit buggy, I originally intended the entire game to be keyboard controlled)

Needs:
    working item system with equipable that increase stats items and consumables

a shop to accompany that of course

a map that displays current position in the map tab of course

save and load system? (dunno about this one)

(if anyone can design better towns or backgrounds, that'd be nice since I'm horrible at backgrounds)

broken:
    probably a lot,

in battle inventory screen doesn't work/ cant close without resetting the battle

random bug that sometimes causes an enemy to because invincible depending on the order you attack them in

sound control needs work

(at least on the boss) defending sometimes causes an enemy attack to heal the player rather than damage them

I think thats it. Enjoy my lifes work
    Last edited by xenomaren; 12-18-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added swf