A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Localization in Flash CC

Localization in Flash CC

Hi guys, I made an app a few years ago and the client is now asking for a german translation, where is the best place to look for tutorials on localization? The whole app is being updated now as it was starting to look dated. Most things I've found are for CS5 or CS6 using the Strings panel, but this is no longer supported in CC. What do I need to search for? From what Ive read you use XML files which contain the different languages, is this still correct? Sorry if this is a simple question but I've been searching for hours and every time I find something I think is useful it turns out to be for an older version and is no longer supported

Any help, or links would be great

Thanks Steve

Me too!

I'd like to echo Steve's question exactly. I've search far and wide for information on localizing Flash CC content, and can't find a definitive guide. My client uses Flash for eLearning courseware. Other eLearning authoring tools, such as Lectora and Storyline, have very simple processes for exporting/importing text for localization into simple Word or text files, which contain all or most of the strings for translation. Doesn't Flash CC have a similar function, or at least workable workflow?
    Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLovejoy View Post
    Hi guys, I made an app a few years ago and the client is now asking for a german translation, where is the best place to look for tutorials on localization? The whole app is being updated now as it was starting to look dated. Most things I've found are for CS5 or CS6 using the Strings panel, but this is no longer supported in CC. What do I need to search for? From what Ive read you use XML files which contain the different languages, is this still correct? Sorry if this is a simple question but I've been searching for hours and every time I find something I think is useful it turns out to be for an older version and is no longer supported

Any help, or links would be great

Thanks Steve