A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: KoolMoves 9.3.0 released

Super Moderator

KoolMoves 9.3.0 released

Changes can be viewed at http://www.koolmoves.com/kmwhatsnew.html

Use Help > Update Software

Hi, Bob
    Just realize that Koolmoves has been updated in March 2015, but I have not received any email, since 2012. Could be a spam box issue, but I usually check there very well. Is there an upgrade path? Thanks

Super Moderator
    We stopped sending emails many years ago because it resulted in us being labeled as a spammer and prevented many people from getting regular emails from us. It was a nightmare. There may be ways to send mass emails that avoid that problem but we decided to switch to sending Twitter tweets. Unfortunately not many people seem to be taking advantage of that way of receiving news from us.

My business partner manages our Facebook page which is another way to receive news. I have not been as diligent in reporting updates through Facebook. If people have ideas about this, I am open to suggestions.

The simplest upgrade approach once you know there is a new upgrade is to use Help > Update Software.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    We stopped sending emails many years ago because it resulted in us being labeled as a spammer and prevented many people from getting regular emails from us. It was a nightmare. There may be ways to send mass emails that avoid that problem but we decided to switch to sending Twitter tweets. Unfortunately not many people seem to be taking advantage of that way of receiving news from us.

My business partner manages our Facebook page which is another way to receive news. I have not been as diligent in reporting updates through Facebook. If people have ideas about this, I am open to suggestions.

The simplest upgrade approach once you know there is a new upgrade is to use Help > Update Software.
    Hi, Bob.
    Thanks for the reply Sorry to hear about the email issue. I posted at the FB page as well. Thanks for the upodate, on the matter. I'll send an email, to the support dept.

Cheers, Scott

Another method could be to check for an update on KoolMoves being opened, in it's own thread. I state it's own "thread", so it doesn't slow down or pause KoolMoves while checking. Compare "current installed version" to a text file online, "http://www.koolmoves.com/version/9.4.0.txt". If "current installed version" is less than the online text, a popup window appears stating to get the new version.
    Last edited by FLASHPULSE; 04-24-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Super Moderator
    I think that something like that is a reasonable approach.