A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AutoCAD

AutoCAD

I’ve got a DWG file. It’s AutoCAD 2004. When I’m trying to open it in my AutoCAD 2010 it gives an error:
    Cannot open file. The file may be a DWG or DXF file, it may not be in a supported version of the DWG file format, or it may be corrupted. Check the file and try again.

I have no sense how to fix it.

AutoCad

Quote Originally Posted by Brian25 View Post
    I’ve got a DWG file. It’s AutoCAD 2004. When I’m trying to open it in my AutoCAD 2010 it gives an error:
    Cannot open file. The file may be a DWG or DXF file, it may not be in a supported version of the DWG file format, or it may be corrupted. Check the file and try again.

I have no sense how to fix it.

For this situation there are a couple of options:
    Run the RECOVER command. This command lets you browse to a file (.dwg or .dwt) and it will run the audit command while trying to open the file. If it does find and fix the errors, you will see a report on what it found and fixed once the file has been “recovered.”
    The RECOVERALL command lets you repair a drawing that has XREFs and it will fix the XREFs as well. As long as the XREFs were pathed correctly the last time the file was in functional order this command will audit them as well.
    Here’s how:
    Open a new blank drawing
    RECOVER
    Browse to the file and select it from the dialog box and click Open
    Wait for it to process the drawing. When it is finished, it will show a mini report of how many errors it found and fixed and if it deleted anything.
    If this does not work try opening a new blank drawing and inserting the corrupted drawing as a block into the new blank drawing. From there you can explode the block and run the AUDIT command.
    The idea can be applied by inserting the drawing into a blank drawing as an XREF and then binding to the drawing. From there you can run the AUDIT command. This method would also need to layer clean up as well.
    ALso see more here: https://www.fixtoolbox.com/autocadfix.html