A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adobe Flash, the world’s most hated software, is finally dying

Unhappy Adobe Flash, the world’s most hated software, is finally dying

Sad. Saw this in the morning.

Technically, it’s been on its way out for years, but today it received one of its final blows which will go down in history.

Google officially killed Flash advertising in its browser. As of September 1, any advertising that uses the technology requires the user to click it to play — it’ll otherwise remain frozen.

more information on:
    http://thenextweb.com/apps/2015/09/0...e=facebook.com
    Probably the best web hosting Company in Singapore
    Make A Name On The Web™

Hola,

I never ever use chrome ( big snoop google ) but FF is same, flash is blocked unless you change setting to always allow. simple.
    I not think you never gid rid of flash, way too many games and things on net.

Only reason is of course money and no used on mobile phonings. plus a bit security, not your average person able to use flash exploits to help them do bad.

I not want to play flash games on phone, so i not care if not on a mobile phone or not. I use game machine for games or desktop.

I cannot believe the level of unprofessional behavior of which is being used by journalists covering flash. They know nothing about the technology can't define any specific issues and use statements like "Good let it Die" not in opinion pieces but in news articles. I think it's a sad day for reporters in the technology fields. Journalistic integrity has gone out the window.

The end of Flash came when Adobe moved everything post CS6 to their cloud and started charging developers a monthly fee to use their software. Forget that...

" HTML5, a friendlier and safer format for playback." -- from the article.

I've not been developing in either for so long, I don't even know what to take away from that statement, other than a hyperbole? Enlighten me?

<unrelated>Two posts within a minute of each other! It's like I'm on FK tens years ago :d.</unrelated>

Quote Originally Posted by Googooboyy View Post
    " HTML5, a friendlier and safer format for playback." -- from the article.

I've not been developing in either for so long, I don't even know what to take away from that statement, other than a hyperbole? Enlighten me?
    How html5 is more friendly is a mystery to me. It is only friendlier to those who don't design in flash. As far as appearance with the exception of scrolling on smart phones the design layout is in the hands of the designer not the medium.

Flash is very secure. Ohay quick name the last time some computer was exposed to a virus because of a flash exploit? Not in a very very long time if at all. Adobe?macromedia have always been quick to release build updates on the possibility of an exploit whether one was actually in the wild or they simply perceived a threat.

I'ts bad because Steve Jobs said it was bad
    Anyone who has had to endure flash on a mac and is aware of the true culprit (apple clogs up the works when flash is active) Knows that Apple (and Microsoft to a minor extent) have always tried to kill off the medium they couldn't compete with on the same grounds. Had Apple or Microsoft simply used the sdk's available from then macromedia and now adobe. They two could have entered into the competitive field of SWF authoring. Like...Swish CoffeeCup and all the other 3rd party me too companies.

Google gave Adobe and Adobe flash users an easter egg with Swiffy Adobe Flash Extension - https://developers.google.com/swiffy...lash-extension
    However it is only for those who use adobe flash. Google has not made any such tools available for third party providers (like SWiSHzone, yes I still work there) So for the rest of us we are stuck with small 1mb upload conversions.

Getting back to my Apple is evil rant. Apple does not want flash for any of it's devices and many third party companies wanting to stay in Apples good favor or simply acting as fanboys have decided to carry the flag for them.

Both Apple and Microsoft today and in years past have tried to bury technology which they could not control the market for. Apple has shut out all but a very small group of DAW (digital audio workstations) software and have acquired daws dumbing them down for the consumer market while limiting their ability to use third party plugins. If you use DAWS you may be familiar with Camel Audio who until recently produced third party synthesizers for the daw market. One day CA went dark as they were acquired by apple to be used in Logic. On that day all purchasers who acquired CA products lost access to their accounts. Whether you were a windows or an apple user you could no longer generate keys for situations such as reformat, upgrade, new computer. If you had used something like Alchemy in a recording for a song you wanted to perform you can't use it anymore.

That is not the only technology of which apple has tried to remove from the hands of the public. Another technology is 3D Glass. 3D glass goes beyond the pale of what can be done with regards to glass interface (ipad, surface, etc) Apple didn't want something that could/can do more with surface contact then what is currently on the market. Roger Linn is a hardware designer that specializes in computer-music hardware. Twice while in development of the "Linnstrument" Apple pursued the companies who were producing the 3d glass. Linn relented and went foreward to develop his own 3D multi-pressure surface and eventually with much delays released is "Linnstrument"

The world isn't ready for the flexibility that Flash offers. The haters are just relieved that everyone else is forced to live in the same boxes they're used to.

It's important to note that Flash didn't die. It was killed. There is a big difference.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf