A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to get that interaction effect (gif preview included)

How to get that interaction effect (gif preview included)

Hi and hello to all Users!

Not to get much of your time I attach gif file in which everything is explained

face.gif

I would like to know how to get that mouse click effect in Flash 5 or 6 (have them both) written in ActionScript - even in a most simple and begginer method.
    I guess that it is simple as it could be, but I have no clue where to start and what and how

For any answer, tutorial or hint (about a professional name of this action) - I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Just to confirm are you looking to get the effect of the button being clicked, or the effect of clicking a button and then something else changing as a result?

If it is just the button click, you can do this very easily by creating a new symbol, adding it to your library, changing the type to 'button' instead of 'movieclip' or 'graphic' and then saving it.

From here if you double click your new symbol in your library it will give you four frames to edit how the button acts in different circumstances. 'Up' is how the button looks when left alone, 'Over' is when the mouse hovers over the button, and 'Down' is when the button is clicked. The last frame is actually invisible to the user and is used to show what area the mouse can be in to successfully interact with the button (it's easier just to have the same image as your 'Up' frame here). This will give you a button that animates appropriately.

If you're wanting to also have something change as a result it is a little more complicated so I won't explain it all here unless that is what you need. The short version is that you could create another symbol of type movieclip, and then using event listeners you could change which frame is displayed based on what button is clicked. It could also be done using variables with each button changing a boolean to be true, setting all the other booleans false and have the image change depending on which boolean is true.

Let me know if you would like more info and i'll help if i can