A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: EXE to SWF

EXE to SWF

Hello,

I'm in an IT department and I'm asked to extract the text and image assets from a Projector .EXE file. I've had middling success with exe2swf and swfrip. I don't have a license for Northcode.

Suggestions?

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    My exe2swf tool will get you the SWF from an EXE file but you'll need something like http://www.flash-decompiler.com/?gcl...FQ4zaQodXAkLeQ to extract the resources from the SWF once you have it.
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    yea exe2swf

Quote Originally Posted by Northcode View Post
    My exe2swf tool will get you the SWF from an EXE file but you'll need something like http://www.flash-decompiler.com/?gcl...FQ4zaQodXAkLeQ to extract the resources from the SWF once you have it.
    Found this promising.

The exe2swf tool was able to pull the animation that this file contained pretty easily. It's everything else that I need to get out of it. It's an educational module for a school in my city, and the animation is just one part of it. Will the flash decompiler provide me the rest of the assets?

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    It really depends on the version of Flash used to create the SWF and whether the decompiler can read everything in the SWF. It should be able to extract just about everything.

On their site it says:
    Flash Decompiler supports Adobe Flash Professional CS6 & CC and conversion of SWF files with a standard Flash preloader (e.g. files with TLF texts)!
    So it looks like they've kept it up to date. They have a trial version so you can download it and see how it works with your SWF file.

They're up to version 5.3 now. I have an older version (4.7, from 2012) but I remember that it worked well for me and it's even cheaper today than it was when I bought it!
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

I've got ASV for free because I am such a nice guy. It's single license is 150 though.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2