A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SWiSHzone no more.

SWiSHzone no more.

Hi All,

It's been a long battle keeping our doors open over the last years. The sales just haven't been enough to sustain us.

We are currently putting together a care package which will include a key generator for our software. This way people will still be able to use the software long after our site has been shut down.

Thanks for all of your support through the years.

Mike "Frets" Chrysler
    Former SWiSHzone Support Technician

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Welllll ****
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

SWiSHzone, hm. What did it do? I have never heard this name. edit: found you on wikipedia
    Last edited by realMakc; 10-08-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by Northcode View Post
    Welllll ****
    Yeah, it's been a bad month for me. Loss of David Petley, It would have been 13 years to the day with SZ
    lots of other stuff going sideways.

Just Coder
    Very sad dear Mike, it has been a family not just a community. I really miss those times.
    May be am too late, but, I was just thinking can't SWiSH be modified to produce HTML5 instead of SWF files, after all it was all coded in VC++, so I think yes, it is modifyable. Today's web is all about HTML5 and if SWiSH starts producing HTML5 so from same set of tools it would be worth a good try (I assume).

Even if too much effort is not intended to be put in doing so, existing converters may be incorporated at export level after SWf files have been produced at the end of process. Kindly review this:
    https://github.com/mozilla/shumway
    http://www.flash-to-html5.net/

It indeed is a 2nd sadest news for me (with 1st David's departure ). I can offer my help in modification if ever required, just ping me.

May God be with you.
    Last edited by aliimran; 02-24-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Hello Frets!

How can I get the CARE PACKAGE I have bought swish software the entire time they were in business and now I have 5 versions flash software from flashzone.com I can not activate now. I bought a new computer and have been trying to find a way to activate it because I have many websites I built with these programs I need to update.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I miss you guys!

Anyone still have the first version of the software that just handle text before they add it all that functionality and made it complicated ? That was one intuitive program the last time I remember it.
    Really miss that program.

Version one is a 16 bit program and cannot be run in windows 7 ??!!!
    This is strange.

Try it yourself:
    http://www.oldversion.com/windows/download/swish-1-0

The icon doesn't even show up :-(

Today, for the first time in years, I decided to tinker w. my old version of Swish and.. they're out of biz. So sorry to hear, Frets. I loved Swish and your product made it possible for me to make many, many Flash animations, both for work and for fun, over the years.

Thanks so much.

The key gen mentioned in the original post is archived here. I've tested and it works great. https://web.archive.org/web/20161104...swishzone.com/

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by RandomDave View Post
    Today, for the first time in years, I decided to tinker w. my old version of Swish and.. they're out of biz. So sorry to hear, Frets. I loved Swish and your product made it possible for me to make many, many Flash animations, both for work and for fun, over the years.

Thanks so much.

The key gen mentioned in the original post is archived here. I've tested and it works great. https://web.archive.org/web/20161104...swishzone.com/

Dave
    Hello...
    If you are still looking in, I have a question.
    Downloaded above, ran it, but Swish wants to connect to the network to unlock. How did you manage?? Would like to get this running...
    Thank you