A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mystified by something on FK. Your view?

Mystified by something on FK. Your view?

Am new to Flashkit now, though I used it a lot many years ago. Just getting back into it, need to do up a project fairly quickly. So I just re-joined. I have some work I need done, expected very active "small freelance" board, see practically nothing, threads very old, no one there. What gives? I thought there were a lot of folks out there who did freelance Flash jobs. Maybe I am at the wrong place... where should I go?

Flash has been going downhill for years. This is the end result. You only have a few active people on the board.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Well what work do you need done I can offer client/server software for windows/iphone/android for flash platform, javascript for browser, and am studying Arm Cortex-M4 processors to be able to create some operating systems that have nothing to do with Linux or other systems, I only have time to help with scripts not to big or you can find a program I might release on this forum and get it.
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-26-2018 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Bacon View Post
    Well what work do you need done I can offer client/server software for windows/iphone/android for flash platform, javascript for browser, and am studying Arm Cortex-M4 processors to be able to create some operating systems that have nothing to do with Linux or other systems, I only have time to help with scripts not to big or you can find a program I might release on this forum and get it.
    Thank you for responding. You may have noticed the guy before you talks about " no one on Flashkit anymore" etc. That is kinda sad. Anyway, I do see that you are active on FK. So, regarding my seeking someone to do this thing for me, I went over to "freelancers", found some people willing to do it. But, interesting thing, one guy says "modern browsers don't run Flash content".. this doesn't sound right. I believe a lot of banner ads and the like are Flash. What do you think of this guy's comment. It doesn't sound right to me... BTW, I realize phones may not run Flash, I don't care, right on the top of my site it is going to say something like, " this is for large screen space only"...

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    On phones you have flashfox browser, dolphin browser that support flash content, Developers may also publish flash's as a mobile application and submit them to the app store/play store, for desktops some browsers come with flash ready to run, if not you can download the flash runtime for browsers here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ you will not find flash mobile applications on windows phones yet but there are emulators for the windows phone to run your flash android apps. On Linux pi boards you can copy a armhf version of libpepflashplayer.so file to /usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so and change the mime type part in /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml that says:
    PHP Code:
     <mime-type type="application/vnd.adobe.flash.movie"
    to
    PHP Code:
    <mime-type type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    in terminal type:
    PHP Code:
     update-mime-database /usr/share/mime 
    in /etc/chromium/ change default flags file to:
    PHP Code:
    CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=20.0.0.228-r1 --user-data-dir" 
    to get flash for Linux pi browser.
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-27-2018 at 04:38 PM.