A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Writing code funtion is pink not blue

Writing code funtion is pink not blue

I am working in Adobe Animate CC

CCUploadTextColour.jpg

I am following an AS3 tutorial. The script I have attached(screenshot) works perfectly but 'function' and 'if' are displaying in pink in my Actions window yet are showing in Blue in the example I am following.
    Does any wise member know why the difference in colour between the two examples. I am just a bit confused as to why my script shows 'function' and 'if' in pink.

Thanks guys,

Peace.

Not what you're asking for but that code can be condensed with the switch statement: http://www.republicofcode.com/tutori...ash/as3switch/. I can't think of any real answer for what you're asking.

if you click under the x of the actions window on top right you can click preferences and change the syntax colors, the example likely had it customized.
    The landscapers are destroying the peace of the roaches and they are multiplying up above

That is a possibility. I just didn't think it was likely considering it shows up differently in app vs in screenshot.

Thanks guys. Alloy Bacon you had it right. Although now in Adobe Animate that menu in the Actions Panel has been removed. I used the keyboard shortcut Ctrl U to bring up the preferences. Seems like the Actions Window has been going backwards since they renamed Flash to Animate.

Thanks again for the help guys.

hey not a problem , and speaking of blue, I just finished my study of Bluetooth 4.0 to work in adobe as3 air for ios/android and published a working version, lots of new possibilities with that.
    Last edited by Alloy Bacon; 07-10-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    The landscapers are destroying the peace of the roaches and they are multiplying up above

New

You have a great site
    I read this full post
    I enjoyed
    Good luck !