A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Where exactly do you upload the codes etc?

Where exactly do you upload the codes etc?

Version 10.0.1
    I'm trying to Export as Html animation. I've tried setting up a free website at WP, and W (am I allowed to actually name them?) I've tried to follow guides and tutorials but I can't find the bits they reference. Suggestions?

I can't find anything like <head> in either one, or where to put the js folder, etc. I can't figure this out. Do I really need FTP software?

I figure I have all year to get this working. Or give in to making avi with its bit of blurriness, and no buttons. Also, even mpegs are large files for email.

Super Moderator
    Is it your intention to add the animation to a WordPress page or use WordPress for the rest of your site?

Adding an animation to a WordPress page is a bit tricky. There is a tutorial on our support page concerning this. I like Head, Footer and Post Injections WordPress plugin which lets you add html/javascript code to the head and footer of the page.

If you don't intend to use WordPress, the way to proceed is simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    ...If you don't intend to use WordPress, the way to proceed is simpler.
    Yes indeed, simpler. I don't need a website. (Been there, done that; not my thing.)

Super Moderator
    There are probably a number of web sites that provide free hosting. You want one that will allow you to upload your own web page. You will need to ftp files; there are a number of good free ftp programs (FileZilla for one). In KoolMoves, use Export/Publish Movie > As Html5 Web Page to get a complete working page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    T. . . free hosting. . .
    Okay, found the problem. Sites that allow animation are not free. You can put up pictures, but that's it.

But I finally found the flash player, so I can give it out if I need to.

Super Moderator
    Web site hosting is quite inexpensive these days so it shouldn't be a problem.