A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: lcd project

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar

lcd project

I am looking to start a project with someone on this forum to make an lcd. So I studied that its some chemicals to make the black and white, like a calculator, but my input on the idea was too polarize the glass with liquid pixel dots developed on the piece of glass and than access all the pixels through 2-3 wires by using pwm to skip through the pixels that should be on, and than through the as3 socket its easy to control the graphics.

the end result should basically be like a gameboy pocket screen.

Last edited by AS3.0; 08-24-2020 at 02:23 AM.

I have a 3d printer but I don't know if it would be precise enough.
    Have you tried taking an lcd screen apart and putting it back together again to see how difficult it is?
    lol XD

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    So the idea to make a gameboy pocket style screen is too:

1.) buy a piece of glass or make the glass by melting clean sand.

2.) stain the full glass with conductive coating (pretty clear)

3.) leave the glass coated in a vacuum chamber so it comes out better (optional)

4.) coat the glass with photo resist now that its dry with the conductive coating and let it dry in a hot surface.

my input:

5.) overhead transparency projectors use a clear sheet with black printed ink on it, so print a pixel pattern on it. (abunch of small outlined squares slightly touching)

6.) use ultra violet light between the dry photo resist stained glass and the pixel pattern pattern we printed in step 5.

7.) now the pixel pattern has permanently developed on the piece of glass.

8.) in technology when you have a consistentency in the small conductive line that connects 1 pixel to the next, you can use timing techniques in voltage to turn on not the first pixel, but the second pixel... etc. so basically you can turn on something that comes from the same voltage line but leave the first thing off.

9.) when the pixel has its voltage it will get dark.

So the pixel pattern can look pretty symmetric and professional if you print the pattern on the same sheet this projector uses for example, or even use some good lenses to make a smaller pixel pattern to develop:

Last edited by AS3.0; 08-28-2020 at 12:43 AM.