A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: KM 10.0.9-Exported avi no longer readable

KM 10.0.9-Exported avi no longer readable

Windows updates... and I can no longer get an avi. I get an "f-i" icon. I try to put it into Pinnacle, a video program I've used a lot, and only get a lock icon. Won't open in VLC.

Now, I have an older laptop I was playing with, and the exact same KM file exported fine, and THIS avi is readable. I THINK this has to do with updated browser? But I can't get KM to use my stand-alone player for exporting; the preferences only list browsers. (?)

Any fix? Thanks!

Super Moderator
    I noticed myself yesterday that the flash player for the internal internet explorer which is used for screen capture of flash movies is no longer available. I am close to a new version release so I will try to add the ability to use a standalone player. I guess I should have anticipated that.

----

I will try to have a work-around today and release a version with the fix.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Sometimes problems linger for a long time because no one bothers to notify me.

Thanks so much!
    Please also see if there is a bug about the end of the movie going on for a long time (like it duplicates the last frame about a dozen times.) Not a problem, because I can just clip it off; but odd. Thanks again!

Super Moderator
    I am working on the problem but there is a technical difficulty that will take a bit of time to work out.

Super Moderator
    This is taking longer than I anticipated. I may have to separate creating screen captures from creating the avi file into 2 separate operations. Without a flash plugin in a web browser, I have to rely on the flash standalone player and I don't have a way to sync starting the screen captures to the time at which the animation starts to play in the player. There will be a small period in which the player starts up which will result in some bad frame captures at the beginning. Those will probably need to be removed by hand. It has become messy.

Super Moderator
    I am close. There were a lot of technical problems to deal with.