A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Manage my money

Manage my money

Hi guys!

recently I read an article about money management (https://lifeinyour30s.co/how-to-mana...ey-in-your-30s/ it's interesting, I can recommend this one) and now I want to manage my income with the 60/20/20 system.
    Does anyone have experience with it? I thought about Excel document, but I'm open to other ideas!

Thaaanks

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Well what os is your mobile phone. A good idea would be to ask me to develop an app for you that stores data about your savings.

The app can say:
    -----------------from the start of the app with $500 set per month-----------------
    Spending limits from: jan.01.2021-feb.01.2021

Full Month budget: $500

Necessary Expenses = $300 spending limit [log an expense]

Saving & Investing = $100 spending limit [log an expense]

Elective Expenses $100 spending limit [log an expense]
    ------------------------------------end---------------------------------------------

Now this is in no way linked to your bank, you just have to keep up with all of your receipts.

Lets say you go out to buy some food, You will click, log an expense. And input amount spent and what you bought. ($14 on bread, ham, cheese, juice, chips etc..)

Now your necessary Expenses will say: $286 spending limit [log an expense] until feb 1 2021

Now all the money that's left over in your account is about $253+ your paycheck came in totals all to $856

You can still set your next month as feb.01.2021-mar.01.2021 with a full month budget of $500, just ignore any extra money you have, you're full month budget should always be the same.
    Last edited by AS3.0; 02-14-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Self control can still be hard with all of these budgets set after a certain while so what do I do to keep self control:

1. I remind myself of a craft I made that I know no one will buy, before I go overboard on a spending budget. (useable line, might not suit all users)
    2. I remind my self I am not the boss or can even bring in $20 a week by my self. (useable line, might not suit all users)
    3. I remind my self that I am no one special to be driving around without a registered and insured vehicle (useable line, might not suit all users)

And you should have some of these self control lines that you can view each time you use the app.
    Last edited by AS3.0; 02-14-2021 at 02:13 AM.