A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tranparent Background in Swish?

Tranparent Background in Swish?

Is there a Tranparent Background in Swish? If yes, what versions?

hi,

swish 2 and swishmax have the option to make the background transparent (export panel -> show options for html -> window "transparent"), however all they do is add these lines to the swf code:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,79,0"
    id="setfocus" width="100" height="100">
    <param name="movie" value="movie.swf">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="samedomain">
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
    width="100" height="100"
    name="movie" src="movie.swf"
    bgcolor="#FFFFFF" quality="high"
    wmode="transparent"
    swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="samedomain"
    ></embed>
    </object>
    so even if you have swish lite, you can just open your html doc and add these lines manually.

Thanks!

It's been 3 years since this topic was last used... but found it through searching since I have a question about transparency, and I was hoping if anyone could help me.

I used the codes like stated in this topic. I give it a try by using a background color in the html file. Worked like a charm. However, I'm using a background in the "root" html. And the buttons are in a frame.. The frame is set transparent, so the image is visible in that frame. I however, would like the, now white, background of the swf-file to be transparant, so the background shines through, and the buttons become part of the background so to say.

Another note, I used the codes like I said, but next to each swf file there is this wmode="transparent" code. Thus moving the buttons along the line. Needless to say I don't want the commandline on my site.

So all in all; how do I make a transparant background in my SWF file so backgrounds will be visible around the words (of the button).

Hi,

Alot has happened since then.

Transparent backgrounds are now considered a security risk in ie7

the wmode transparent always was buggy to say the least with mozilla flavored browsers. It's best not to use wmode transparent.

Yeah, so I noticed. Any other suggestions how to make the backgrounds of the buttons transparent?

How can I make a SWF file have a transparent background so that the background of the HTML page is visible? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks. I know this is an old discussion but the answer to my question is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Thanks