A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adobe Flash CS3 stage is stuck to the top left

Adobe Flash CS3 stage is stuck to the top left

I've been using this program for many years and I've never had this issue until now. Suddenly the stage (the white square which represents what you see in the published version of the animation) is stuck to the top left. With the gray area (outside of the stage) only appearing to the right and bottom of it. The stage used to be centered, with the gray area on all sides, as it should be. I have no idea how to fix this or how it even happened. I can't find any answers except for "try CTRL-SHIFT-W" which does not help at all. I've tried opening old files from well before this happened, as well as uninstalling and re-installing Flash CS3.If someone could just help me out here it would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for hours and I'm angry and exhausted. Thanks.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Can you show a screenshot, maybe you have used a command that switches the stage view, what scripts have you put in?

I seem to recall a zoom setting that would basically get rid of any scrolling by locking the stage so it won't scroll or zoom but will show everything.

Quote Originally Posted by swak View Post
    I seem to recall a zoom setting that would basically get rid of any scrolling by locking the stage so it won't scroll or zoom but will show everything.

I'm having trouble posting my screenshot. Ima keep trying though.

Hopefully this actually works. Update: Nevermind keeps saying upload of file failed. Nice. Also I've never put any commands into the program. Atleast not to my knowledge.
    Last edited by liambacon666; 05-06-2022 at 12:20 AM.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Try ctrl + 1 , ctrl + 2 or ctrl + 3 If pushing ctrl+shift+w multiple times did not work, otherwise try to get a hold of another newer version to write AS3. Its a big process to publish for mobile using CC, I don't see how creative suite will be helping anymore, Android changed packaging from .apk to .aab to support multiple architecures in 1 package, but Creative Suite is still good to prototype on desktop.
    Last edited by AS3.0; 05-07-2022 at 10:10 PM.