A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Random SharedObject

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Hi I fixed some alignment glitches, this version should be ready.

Is the certificate fine in portrait, or would you like it in landscape mode?

download v44

landscape mode

can you add the name and student photo in print report and certificate

Hello, this version displays the certificate in landscape mode with a profile picture.

In the onFrame(2) scripting section the function addText works to add rotated bitmap text:
    PHP Code:

var charset:Array=new Array('A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H','I','J','K','L','M','N','O','P','Q','R','S','T','U','V','W','X','Y','Z',
    '0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9','SPACE','AT','PERCENT','UNDERSCORE');//Charset.

function addText(a,b,c){//addText to certificate accessors.
    var container_1:MovieClip a.createEmptyMovieClip("container_1"this.getNextHighestDepth());
    var 
    container_2:MovieClip;
    for(var 
    i:Number 0b.lengthi++) {
    container_2 container_1.duplicateMovieClip(0i+1);
    var 
    temp=b.charAt(i)
    if(
    temp==" "){//convert space to linkage name of space bitmap.
    temp="SPACE"
    }
    if(
    temp=="%"){
    temp="PERCENT"
    }
    if(
    temp=="@"){
    temp="AT"
    }
    if(
    temp=="_"){
    temp="UNDERSCORE"
    }
    container_2.attachMovie(temp,"A",1);
    container_2._x=i*24
    }
    a._rotation=-90//Rotate bitmap text to -90.
    a._x=c._x-a._width//Align bitmap text with the vertical line movieclip inside of certificate.
    a._y=c._y+c._height/2+a._height/2

At the decreaseTime function thats inside of the onFrame(2) scripting section I call addText to set the certificate score, username & profile picture:
    PHP Code:
    _root.addText(_root.certificate_print_out.text_contain_1,String((_root.main.questions.open.data.POINT/_root.main.questions.open.data.array.length)*100) +"%",_root.certificate_print_out.line_1)//Set the score for _root.certificate_print_out.line_1
    _root.addText(_root.certificate_print_out.text_contain_2,_root.user_name,_root.certificate_print_out.line_2)//Set the username for _root.certificate_print_out.line_2
    img_loader.loadClip(str_root.certificate_print_out.welcome_notice.profile_picture);//Set the profile picture for the certiifcate. 
    Inside of the onLoadInit function for the certificates profile picture at theonFrame(2) scripting section:
    PHP Code:
    loader_listener.onLoadInit = function(e:MovieClip) {
    //truncated data...
    _root.certificate_print_out.welcome_notice.profile_picture._width=60//Set certificate profile picture to 60 width & height.
    _root.certificate_print_out.welcome_notice.profile_picture._height=60

The accessors for the certificate content is:
    PHP Code:
    _root.certificate_print_out.welcome_notice.profile_picture//Profile picture inside of certificate.
    _root.certificate_print_out.line_2//Username line inside of certificate.
    _root.certificate_print_out.line_1//Score line inside of certificate.
    _root.certificate_print_out.text_contain_1//Container for score text inside of certificate.
    _root.certificate_print_out.text_contain_2//Container for user name inside of certificate. 
    download v45
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-17-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Hi, I worked on the print out for the reports picture id & username textfield.

For page 1 I added a place to load the picture id as well as set the username, the accessors for the _root.section_1 movieclip are:
    PHP Code:
    _root.section_1.container.data_field//Stores the user name for the first page.
    _root.section_1.container.welcome_notice//Stores the picture id for the first page. 
    At the decreaseTime function in the onFrame(2) scripting section when the test is complete it will set the username & picture id for the first page:
    PHP Code:
    img_loader.loadClip(str_root.certificate_print_out.welcome_notice.profile_picture);//Load picture id.
    _root.section_1.container.data_field.text=_root.user_name//Set username textfield data. 
    At the function called _root.main.report_container.report.updateReport I adjusted some of the margins depending on the page:
    PHP Code:
    function updateReport(a:Number,b,c:Number,d:Number){
    //truncated data...
    if(b!=_root.main.report_container.report.content&&b!=_root.report_container.report_preview.content){
    b["num"+0]._y=offset_2//Offset 2 sets the margin for all of the pages.
    b["Question"+0]._y=offset_2
    b
    ["answerA"+0]._y=offset_2
    b
    ["answerB"+0]._y=offset_2
    b
    ["answerC"+0]._y=offset_2
    b
    ["answerD"+0]._y=offset_2
    b
    ["Result"+0]._y=offset_2
    b
    ["num"+i]._y+=offset_2
    b
    ["Question"+i]._y+=offset_2
    b
    ["answerA"+i]._y+=offset_2
    b
    ["answerB"+i]._y+=offset_2
    b
    ["answerC"+i]._y+=offset_2
    b
    ["answerD"+i]._y+=offset_2
    b
    ["Result"+i]._y+=offset_2

if(b!=_root.main.report_container.report.print_content[0]){
    b["num"+0]._y-=21//The margin for the second page and on has a slight less offset because it wont have a picture id or username.
    b["Question"+0]._y-=21
    b
    ["answerA"+0]._y-=21
    b
    ["answerB"+0]._y-=21
    b
    ["answerC"+0]._y-=21
    b
    ["answerD"+0]._y-=21
    b
    ["Result"+0]._y-=21
    b
    ["num"+i]._y-=21
    b
    ["Question"+i]._y-=21
    b
    ["answerA"+i]._y-=21
    b
    ["answerB"+i]._y-=21
    b
    ["answerC"+i]._y-=21
     b
    ["answerD"+i]._y-=21
    b
    ["Result"+i]._y-=21
    }
    }

At the onFrame(1) scripting section called main I set the positioning for the textfield that will say "Page 1 of 2" for each page etc...:
    PHP Code:
    _root.section_1.data_field._x=_root.section_1._width/2-_root.section_1.data_field._width/2//Center the textfield to half the size of section 1 minus half the size of the textfield.
    _root.section_1.data_field._y=(_root.main.report_container.report.content["Result"+question_number_size]._height*(_root.main.report_container.report.per_page+5)+2)//Set the y coordinate of the textfield to be at position per_page * the height of a cell.
    _root.section_2.data_field._x=_root.section_2._width/2-_root.section_2.data_field._width/2
    _root
    .section_2.data_field._y=(_root.main.report_container.report.content["Result"+question_number_size]._height*(_root.main.report_container.report.per_page+5)+2)
    _root.section_3.data_field._x=_root.section_3._width/2-_root.section_3.data_field._width/2
    _root
    .section_3.data_field._y=(_root.main.report_container.report.content["Result"+question_number_size]._height*(_root.main.report_container.report.per_page+5)+2)
    _root.section_4.data_field._x=_root.section_4._width/2-_root.section_4.data_field._width/2
    _root
    .section_4.data_field._y=(_root.main.report_container.report.content["Result"+question_number_size]._height*(_root.main.report_container.report.per_page+5)+2)
    _root.section_5.data_field._x=_root.section_5._width/2-_root.section_5.data_field._width/2
    _root
    .section_5.data_field._y=(_root.main.report_container.report.content["Result"+question_number_size]._height*(_root.main.report_container.report.per_page+5)+2
    At the onFrame(1) scripting section called main I also set the text for the bottom of each page to show "Page 1 of 2" etc...:
    PHP Code:
    var count=0;
    if(
    _root.main.report_container.report.print_content_available[0]){//If print content available is true, increase the variable called count.
    count++//Increase the count for every page that was marked as a page with data.
    }
    if(
    _root.main.report_container.report.print_content_available[1]){
    count++
    }
    if(
    _root.main.report_container.report.print_content_available[2]){
    count++
    }
    if(
    _root.main.report_container.report.print_content_available[3]){
    count++
    }
    if(
    _root.main.report_container.report.print_content_available[4]){
    count++
    }

_root.section_1.data_field.text="page 1 of " String(count)//Set the textfield for each page to say page 1 of count etc...
    _root.section_2.data_field.text="page 2 of " String(count)
    _root.section_3.data_field.text="page 3 of " String(count)
    _root.section_4.data_field.text="page 4 of " String(count)
    _root.section_5.data_field.text="page 5 of " String(count)

_root.section_1.data_field2.text="page 1 of " String(count)
    _root.section_2.data_field2.text="page 2 of " String(count)
    _root.section_3.data_field2.text="page 3 of " String(count)
    _root.section_4.data_field2.text="page 4 of " String(count)
    _root.section_5.data_field2.text="page 5 of " String(count
    At the resize() function inside of the onFrame(2) scripting section, I fixed a glitch for the first login where it would show the main menu really fast:
    PHP Code:
    function resize(){
    //truncated data...
    if(_root.first_log_in){
    _root.bg_options._visible=false//Hide the main menu before showing the first login.
    _root.view_report._visible=false
    _root
    .continue_test._visible=false
    }

download v46
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-19-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Hello, the text for the certificate looks better and has a larger charset available for it since I am using bitmap.draw().

At the onFrame(2) scripting section there is a function called decreaseTime()
    PHP Code:
    decreaseTime(){
    //truncate data...
    import flash.display.BitmapData;//It is required to import the bitmap data library when using BitmapData functions.
    _root.certificate_print_out.data_field3_container.data_field3.text=String(int((_root.main.questions.open.data.POINT/_root.main.questions.open.data.array.length)*100) )+"%"//Set data_field3.text to be the score at the end of the test.
    var bmd:BitmapData = new BitmapData_root.certificate_print_out.data_field3_container.data_field3.textWidth+2_root.certificate_print_out.data_field3_container._heightfalse0xFFFFFF);//Create a bitmapdata image array with the dimensions of the score textfield.
    var container_1:MovieClip _root.certificate_print_out.createEmptyMovieClip("container_1"_root.certificate_print_out.getNextHighestDepth());//Create an empty movieclip container for the score bitmap.
    container_1.attachBitmap(bmd_root.certificate_print_out.getNextHighestDepth());//attach the bitmap graphic to the empty movieclip.
    container_1._y=200
    bmd
    .draw(_root.certificate_print_out.data_field3_container.data_field3)//Draw the bounds of the score textfield to the bitmap that had a 0xFFFFFF background.
    container_1._rotation=-90//Rotate the score bitmap texts container -90 to align it in landscape mode.
    container_1._x=_root.certificate_print_out.line_1._x-container_1._width//Align the score bitmap to line_1 movieclip in the certificate.
    container_1._y=((_root.certificate_print_out.line_1._y+_root.certificate_print_out.line_1._height/2)+container_1._height/2)-4
    _root
    .certificate_print_out.data_field3_container.data_field3.text=""//Hide the score textfield that was just being used to get a bitmap.draw() image of.

_root.certificate_print_out.data_field4_container.data_field4.text=_root.user_name//Use the same process as above for the username text field.
    var bmd2:BitmapData = new BitmapData_root.certificate_print_out.data_field4_container.data_field4.textWidth+2_root.certificate_print_out.data_field4_container._heightfalse0xFFFFFF);
    var 
    container_2:MovieClip _root.certificate_print_out.createEmptyMovieClip("container_2"_root.certificate_print_out.getNextHighestDepth());
    container_2.attachBitmap(bmd2_root.certificate_print_out.getNextHighestDepth());
    container_2._y=300
    bmd2
    .draw(_root.certificate_print_out.data_field4_container.data_field4)
    container_2._rotation=-90
    container_2
    ._x=_root.certificate_print_out.line_2._x-container_2._width
    container_2
    ._y=((_root.certificate_print_out.line_2._y+_root.certificate_print_out.line_2._height/2)+container_2._height/2)-4
    _root
    .certificate_print_out.data_field4_container.data_field4.text=""

This function will no longer be used for setting certificate text:
    PHP Code:
    //_root.addText(_root.certificate_print_out.text_contain_1,String(int((_root.main.questions.open.data.POINT/_root.main.questions.open.data.array.length)*100) )+"%",_root.certificate_print_out.line_1)//Limited char set.
    //_root.addText(_root.certificate_print_out.text_contain_2,_root.user_name,_root.certificate_print_out.line_2) 

download v47
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-20-2022 at 03:23 AM.

Hi, this version fixes some graphical glitches in the certificate & centers the report if the question doesn't have an image.

At _root.main.questions above function trueAnswe()
    PHP Code:
    var img_loaded:Boolean=false;//Boolean to align the report differently if false. 
    At onRelease function of continue_btn for the next question:
    PHP Code:
    _root.main.questions.img_loaded=false;//Image is not loaded boolean.
    _root.img_loader.loadClip("C:\\Users\\Desktop\\Desktop\\photos\\photo_"+String(_root.main.questions.open.data.QuestionNum+1)+".png",_root.question_photo);//Try to load the image and set img_loaded to true
    setTimeout(_root.resize,5);//Refresh resize and check if report should be centered differently. 
    At the onFrame(2) scripting section at function resize():
    PHP Code:
    if(_root.main.questions.img_loaded==false){//If the image for current question has not been loaded.
    _root.main.report_container._y=(Stage.height/2-scroll_pane_height/2)//Align the report differently to compensate for the space not being used by the image.

download v48
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-20-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Hello,

In the onFrame(2) scripting section I set the blendMode to layer for the window to fade in properly because the "x" button had a different alpha:
    PHP Code:
    _root.window_container.blendMode="layer" 
    At the _root.main scripting section _root.main.print_btn.onRelease() I added _root.resize() to fix a bug when resizing with print settings open:
    PHP Code:
    setTimeout(_root.resize,1
    download v49
    Last edited by AS3.0; 12-20-2022 at 11:02 PM.