A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

homeiss.. be expecting my email cause it will come

I got a email today with a problem with my tools (probably not a true problem more like a coding mistake)

Anyway.. this caused me to look over my code specifically for ftoolapp.exe

After looking over my code I made some corrections.. the $ parameter is now fully supported on the command line as a space replacer..

So here's ftoolapp.exe v4.4

32.9 kb
    http://theemaster.webjump.com/ftoolapp44.zip

I've also decided to do something that I said was a pain in the butt.. but wtf.. I'm doing it anyway.. I will now allow detection of registry entries and simple decision actions based on this.. (it will be real simple.. probably only Yes and No)

But this will allow for instance the detection of Acrobat 4 ect.

(I'm about 50% done on this project.. it will be integrated into ftoolapp.exe)

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=131808

Work on ftoolmci still progress's.. right now I can release it at about 300 kb big or so.. but I know I can get it smaller it should be about 40 kb

Once again I will ask for volunteer help.. with designing documentation, interactive flash movies (for demoing how all ftools work) and web design..

If any one feel's like helping step up and say so
    [Edited by The Master on 04-26-2001 at 04:39 AM]

Hello Master!!!
    I'm not sure if you made corrections on the ftoolapp already for what I going to tell you...
    After using your tool I found out it's not working on every machine. It worked on Win 98,2000 and Me but no hope for WinNT or WinNT machines upgraded to 2000.

greetinXXX
    3soul

Thanks for the info.. I'll begin testing and fix the problems appropriately..

After further investigation I found this problem to be false in nature..

The fact is you will only get a error message if you open a file in it's default application in the 1st parameter sense..

So if you said ftoolapp.exe somefile.txt then you would get a error from NT.. but if instead preformed a 2 parameters command and said ftoolapp.exe open somefile.txt

The file would open like it's supposed too..

Though I will not be to hasty in pointing blame of this sillyness.. I would once again like to point a finger at Microsoft for this mess

The process easily works with the Shellexecute API structure but when using the ShellexecuteEx API it fails and I quote this from the MS website..

If you set this parameter to NULL:

For systems prior to Microsoft® Windows® 2000, the default verb is used if it is valid and available in the registry. If not, the "open" verb is used.
    For Windows 2000 and later systems, the default verb is used if available. If not, the "open" verb is used. If neither verb is available, the system uses the first verb listed in the registry.
    This statement says right here that NULL will be the default which is what should happen with a 1 parameters command.. but that doesn't happen and yet it works with the standard Shellexecute API..

Ohh.. well..

Anyway I will document this fact in my next release of flashtools.. but point of fact.. they do work under NT4 you just have to specify a action (like open, explore, edit ect.)

gDay Master
    Ive got a few questions if you dont mind....

How do you get your files so small? Im new to Delphi and
    the only way Ive learnt sofar is using KOL which can be a
    little confusing for a begginer, but then it can get things
    smaller than 40k.

Second, have you had any experience using the flash ocx in
    Delphi? If so, is there any chance you know how to get the
    client to resize to the size of the flash movie as it was
    set in the flash editor? All I seem to be able to get is
    the size of the movie while playing, which is different if
    there is empty space around the edges.
    Like i said, im green and dont know jack, but im really
    interested in making my own projector for fun. Its ok if
    I know the size of the movie, but i want to be able to load
    other swf's with it aswell.

Third, anychance you know how to set/read an array from
    the flash ocx? Variables are easy enough, but I dont have
    any idea about arrays.

Also do you know anywhere I could get any info on using the
    flash ocx? Ive got the stuff at Delphi Pages and the VB
    source from Planet Source you once pointed out to me. Ive
    been able to fill in some of the gaps myself, but i still
    have some unanswered questions, like the one above. Any
    info would be greatly appreciated. I plan on making a
    simple page with what Ive found to help the next poor person
    like me trying to do this stuff, so youll be helping others
    aswell. Ill just put up any info I can get my hands on and
    any examples aswell. Dont care if their coded well or not
    aslong as they work and people can get anything from them.
    Including my own little thing that Ive just about finished
    which is a little letter typer thingy which uses swfgen to
    create a swf. Not coded that great or anything, but its
    fun nonetheless.

Oh and i wouldnt mind helping in making some examples and
    stuff to do with your stuff aswell.

All my applications are Console they don't need the windows forms standard Uses.. (a standard win32 app comes out at about 300 kb with a form)

I've only played generally with the ActiveX .ocx control.. To tell you the truth I don't like ActiveX controls so I never use them unless desperate.. (I really don't like Flash's control much either)

I'm sure there is way to get what you want done.. but I don't have any knowledge of that process off hand.. I would suggest asking on the newsgroup borland.pulbic.delphi.winapi

Or better yet trying search the archives from google.. http://groups.google.com

I'd be happy to have your help with the doc's and examples.. I'll let you know when I'm ready

Another update..

I'm still having trouble with Ftoolmci basically I can get it to play video's (without DirectX/Directshow support) but it's just not doing it very nicely.. so until I fix those problems.. no release..

Once ftoolmci is done my tools should be complete.. (because ftoolkill should be easy)

That will leave documentation left..

Anyway here's ftoolapp.exe

I just decided to get rid of the Windows NT 4.0 problem entirely busing the open command as default on 1 parameter process's

Lastly and this is the new feature I added was detection and execution of simple logic for registry entries.. so basically I did as I said I would and allowed for detection of Adobe Acrobat.. (you'll note that adding the registry entries raised ftoolapp's filesize to 73 kb)

Ftoolapp.exe v4.5

50.6 kb
    http://theemaster.webjump.com/ftoolapp45.zip
    https://www.idrive.com/theemaster/files/Shared/

Hey Master,

Thanks for developing your tools. It's people like like you that help us when Macromedia is too big to listen.

I have a question if you don't mind.

I was using your tool to launch a variety of files from a Flash interactive, avi's, bmp's, cad files.

It worked great from my desktop, but the file path's did not after I burnt it to CD rom.

I would imagine the file pathways are different from my hard drive, and from a user's CD rom drive (especially since not all user's cd drive ID are the same)

Is this some case where I need to use the LOCAL%\ path?

as in LOCAL%\Videos\Video1.avi

I would imagine I would use this in your accomanying text file?

Any help to deal with paths on a cd would be appreciated

Cheers,

Joe

jstammen@pinnica.com
    stammenj@pacbell.net

Hmm.. time for another Beta..

Ftoolmci has had the corrections it needed made..

Ftoolmci.exe v4.2
    37.6 kb
    https://www.idrive.com/theemaster/files/Shared/
    http://theemaster.webjump.com/ftoolmci42.zip

I don't know if this tool is done or not.. I can't make up my mind if I want to add better features or not.. if anyone has any idea's on better features let me know??

jmstammen

Honestly I don't know why JTOOLS needs a local command.. my tools do not.. just like flash my tools go off the root directory they are in.. if you want to go to a sub folder depending on your whether you have Flash 4 or 5 you just use / or \

Only specify a path or drive letter when absolutely necessary.. my tools allow a little leeway around this (but not that much) by detecting the temp, system, and windows directory's.. (should you need those options)

You may want to check my older tools for better examples and documentation.. (in case you haven't seen older versions)

Flashtools 4
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...threadid=20493

You may also want too look at this thread which talks about coding changes for Flash 5 and even gives a brief explanation on Command Line syntax..
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...threadid=46319

Thanks Master

Thanks Master,

I will read all your documentation from prior betas.

Peculiar, I did not know there was a syntax difference between Flash 4 & 5 (\ vs./)

Thanks for the knowledge and I will try a few things.

Cheers,

Jmstammen

Well I think I'm done..

Any new feature requests will no be built into the v5.0 number..

Work on the documentation has begun.. and believe me it will be much more extensive this time.. by the way the official site for all my tools is http://www.flashtools.net (note however the web design is not complete yet)

Ftoolkill was the latest tool added..

Flash Command Line Tools v5.0
    http://theemaster.webjump.com/ftoolfcltv5.zip
    http://www.idrive.com/theemaster/shared

Emails will be sent out to those offering documentation help..

NT

Hello Master!
    I tried to make ftoolapp run on WinNT with open but it didn't work. I'm getting a message saying: "There is no association with that file, go to my computer and,...."
    Alltough Acrobat Reader is installed.
    So I don't have a clue.

Thought I let you know.
    Claudia

There's no need to use open anymore.. just try a simple FsCommand or Command line statement like

ftoolapp a.txt

or as a FsCommand Expression (this is Flash 5 coding here)

"ftoolapp" add Chr(9) add "a.txt"

I've tested my program on NT 4.0 and last time I tested it.. it ran fine with a open statement as well..

I suggest you try again..

mac atak

Your work sounds really impressive Master. I wish I could play too. But I use a Mac, with Flash 5. Am I a lost cause? I need to have a flash animation button open up powerpoint files and I can't seem to get it to work. I'm using fscommand and it's all in the same folder level, I'm testing on a PC, no dice. I'm also no expert at this scripting thing.

Any suggestions? I've been all over various forums and haven't found the answer.

thanks,

Use applescript.. search the board for instructions..

applescript

this is perhaps a dumb question...but here I go anyway.
    the final use of the flash to powerpoint CD I'm making is for use only on PCs, so creating the ppt opening script in applescript won't translate. (right?) But the FSCommand that I'm writing in Flash, then saving out as an exe, then testing on the PC isn't working either. Is flash for PC enough different than flash for Mac that it doesn't quite remember where to go?

I'll be searching up on applescript as well, thank you for the suggestion.

I honestly don't know.. I tried getting Flash 3 running on a emulated OS 8.1 but it wouldn't go down for me.. (apparently needs a PowerPC processor)

My best guess at seeing if you could code for my program in Mac.. would be to download my sample file.. move it to mac and then open it up.. and then turn the movie into a projector and move it back to PC (I assume that you are talking about coding for my program from the Mac)

Just to clear a few things up.. (just in case I misunderstood your post)
    - My program will not run on Mac
    - Mac projector's and Windows Projector's are two different types
    - Applescript only works on Mac a form or a type of copy can be found on pc called "vbscript" however they have different syntax codings
    - You can't open .PPT files in windows without using a third party program like mine, using command line calls such as start and cmd or calling a .bat file

My best recommendation is to actually build the projector in the Windows environment that way you can be sure that when you perform the testing.. you can see it in real time..

In case your unfamiliar with programs that move files back and forth from Mac to PC the only I know of for PC is HFVExplorer (I have no knowledge of Mac programs)
    http://www.nic.fi/~lpesonen/HFVExplorer/
    [Edited by The Master on 05-22-2001 at 01:13 AM]

still a problem

Hello!
    After producing about 5000 CD's with ftool.exe, I found out it's not working on Win98 and WinNT.
    I'm pretty stuffed with that having lost two clients.

If there is a way to fix the problem with the operating systems, please let me know (please do me the favor not to talk in krypted language).

Well I never thought I'd see this old thread revived

First off I guess what version of Flashtools or Flash Command Line Tools?

You should be using v5.0 but v4.0 works fine as well (unless the application is DDE)

2ndly maybe the documentation will help.. (which isn't finished) but can be seen at http://216.38.42.83 and in about 2 days at http://www.flashtools.net

2ndly these tools have been tested in 98 and NT if you have a specific problem you should show me the .fla, send me one of these cd's or upload a cdrom image to a server (without the .fla the problem would be mute.. but still I could double check it anyway)

Restarting from Scratch
    Where can I find the current version of Flash Tools?

I cant seem to find a working download link!

Thanks,
    John Z.