A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how do I ZOOM in ActionScript???????

I have this question anybody could help me with it?????? how could I zoom the move??????..... basicly I'm trying make the movie that will zoom in while playing and I don't want to use extra objects just use standard flash ability to zoom ...... Zoom should happen right after the movie start to load......How should I go about this???? Thanks for you help..... I'm total newbe!!!!!!!

Are you trying to zoom in on a single object, or a whole scene, and what is in the scene that you need to zoom in on. Please be a bit more specific.

resolved

Originally posted by VVulf[V]an
    Are you trying to zoom in on a single object, or a whole scene, and what is in the scene that you need to zoom in on. Please be a bit more specific.

Yes its a whole scene. The scene is very small consist only of 1 object and 1 textbox!!!!!! But the fact of the matter is that I don't want to create extra objects ( with different size ) all I wana do is use standard flash ability to zoom-in. The move it self have to be extremely small.

Ian424
    try turning these objects into a motion tween and increasing their size.

put the whole thing into a movie clip and than increase its size through action script.

Originally posted by Puneet
    put the whole thing into a movie clip and than increase its size through action script.
    OK..... I thought about it when I was asking....And that is exactly what I was asking!!!!!! I do not see that function in the action script!!!!!! could you spell it out for me????? Thanks.... I know I maybe asking for too much.... but......as I said it have to start to zoom as soon the move loaded and it have to zoom-in gradiently ( zoom that you would normaly see when you increase an object size through 5 or 6 frames )
    [Edited by craziedde on 01-21-2001 at 10:50 AM]

Then it will have to be a motion tween. on press (of a button) tell target (your movie) to go to a certain frame where you have a motion tween increasing the size of your objects until it reaches a stop action.
    Hope that helps
    G.

it would be better to us the tweening to maintain the proportions and it would be easier too but there is way through AS.

Suppose the instance name of the MC is main

SetPorperty("/main",x scale) and SetPorperty("/main",y scale)

increase it to the percentage yo u wnat.

SetPorperty("/main",x scale) and SetPorperty("/main",y scale)
    i think that what craziedde wants is gradually zooming in and this would make his scene suddenly grow bigger though...
    I don't see how actionscript could replace the motion tweening for a slow effect like this
    G.

Originally posted by gparis

i think that what craziedde wants is gradually zooming in and this would make his scene suddenly grow bigger though...
    I don't see how actionscript could replace the motion tweening for a slow effect like this
    G.
    The size can be increased gradually using the Set Property using the frame loops just like the action scripted text effects.