A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Color problems, mac/pc @ 32bit arrrgg!

I've created an animation in flash on my mac, it looks fine. but when its viewed on a PC it looks crapy if the color is set to 32bit.
    The .fla uses a lot of masks and shape to hide color, and it these that seem to be showing up.
    I don't think that there is a way of managing color depth in flash is there?
    This has stumped me completely!

help would be much appreciated!

thankyou,

---
    hen

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Could be the screen is out of calabration. Could be a crapy video card. Could be the brand of screen on the pc. I would check here first. Did you check it against any other PC's and Mac's? Hope this helps. Regards, Bill

It behaves the same on my bosses pc as it does on my clients pc, the problems is a bit like that 'haloing' effect that can happen when you have a symbol with its alpha set to 0 and your are in 16bit color (the problem is in 16bit, not 32bit like I said before!) - do you know the kind?

Its really weird, perhaps its the way that the Pc version of the player displays colors? If so, i suppose I'd have to work out which colors in the gammut are affected and remove them. Its all a bit weird really.

thanks for your suggestions though bill.

I guess I'll keep trying....