A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with importing *.ai or *.eps Files

Hello guys, i've got big problems with importing files...
    Every time i try to import a *.ai oder *.eps file, my Swift3d get crashed...
    Please help

what are you creating the files with?

RE: what are you creating the files with?

The Files are created with Corel Draw 9, Corel Draw 10 or Macromedia Flash 5.

hello

I'm not sure Corel Draw is supporting Swift 3d.
    I did something exporting from Flash 5 after reading the
    short swift 3d tut here on flashkit.It works.
    Then I started exporting using Adobe Illustrator objects and
    importing to swift 3d.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
    Dunno why. I read and captured the tut from erain, but I haven't a clue why swift 3d is crashing often, after importing illustrator files.
    greetings

roady

sounds like i waste 140$ on this prog! :-(
    Were are the bugfixes or updates?
    Were is the import of *.swf or *.wmf files???
    Its very unproffesionell to sell such a programm which is unfinished and buggy...

667Viper,

I think once you get a negative attitude there is no hope, you'll keep picking at it till it drives you crazy...perhaps you should return it. I'm pretty sure they have a return policy.

Personally, I have had luck importing just about anything you can import from various software titles: 3D Studio Max, Poser, Illustrator.

Take a deep breath, reload, and enjoy!

ok.

calm down.

swift 3d is not perfect. when it was created, it supported level 8 illustrator files and level 3 EPS. it accepts 3ds from anything. you can save files as EPS or AI in flash. if you just make sure that the file types are not a newer release, you should not have any problems.

if you would like an update or bug fixes, go to the help menu and go to the customer only website. if it is not accessible, you need to register. from there you have access to the updates and fixes.

if you are truly dis-satisfied, you have the chance to send it back within 30 days of purchase.

resolved importing eps/ai

i've had the same prob, the only way i have been able to import an eps file is from Flash, i.e. create your shape or whatever in Flash and export it as an .eps file then you can take this eps file and import it into Swift3d and do whatever. This works but when i have a more complex shape it doesnt seem to work for some reason. I'll keep looking for the answer as well....good luck.....jc

some problems with swift being able to import the files lie within the files. if you create your shapes in flash, make sure that you only have fills or outlines. fills are recommended. if you want an area to be cut out from another, break everything apart then place the shape that you want cut out over the shape you want left behind. select the cut out shape and delete it. THEN export. this problem has not been adressed in the post, but it has come up quite a few times. if you think that your files are proper and that it is just swift goofing up, send the files to support@erain.com along with an explanation and your serial for the program. Good luck!