A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My 1st tutorial, SWiSHnSWfX

I wrote this for Retired Musician;
    Hey Wolf, forgot your email address at work.
    Let's do some SWiSHnSWfx. I'm going to assume you have SWfx. Do a movie in SWiSH, size about 540x400. You do whatever you want, text, graphics, etc. Now in SWfx make a movie, background color does not matter, it becomes
    transparent. Here is the tricky part (and I believe this issue gets resolved in SWiSH version 2)...PLACEMENT... of the SWfX. I start thinking in terms of the SWiSH movie..540 pixels wide, so place the SWfX on 540x400 exactly where
    you want it to show ON TOP of the SWiSH movie. Save it in the same directory. Now, back in the SWiSH movie, go to the TIMELINE properties window, on the Scene line (usually in frame one, but you will find instances where you want to "Load Movie" like ON PRESS or ON MOUSEOVER) Add Action,
    "Load Movie". Set the "URL" to the name of your SWfX movie, like SWfXtest.swf and set the "Level" to greater than 0, 0 is the MAIN "Level" That should do it. This also works for Loading multiple .swf movies, MOUSEFOLLOWERS and FLASH movies. Does this not expand the SWiSH dimension for you? ...Have fun.
    If you have problems, contact me at mailto:info@donovandesigns.com

Senior Member - never forgotten

cool tutorial...

Can I put my Flax text effects into a Swish movie like that too...?? HUmmmm...don't see why I couldn't..must try that...Thanks....

example

http://donovandesigns.com/30/30.swf

designed for full screen, Intranet