A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] CD

Ok..I have just finished up on a flash presentation for a CD. I have the Auto Run setup to start the Presentation when you put the CD in....BUT... I plan to also include a copy of the flash player for both Windows and Mac....How do I set it so that if the viewer does not have Flash it will ask to install????

Any answers will be helpful.

Thanks
    RickB.

resolved

Autoplay Menu Studio is a great autoplay menu creator and is exceptionally configurable. It will allow variable and registry calls to assign boolean operations.
    I don't recall the site off the top of my head, but it should be easy to find and well worth the download/registration.

ShadowDancer

Originally posted by nigsed-d3
    Ok..I have just finished up on a flash presentation for a CD. I have the Auto Run setup to start the Presentation when you put the CD in....BUT... I plan to also include a copy of the flash player for both Windows and Mac....How do I set it so that if the viewer does not have Flash it will ask to install????

Any answers will be helpful.

Thanks
    RickB.

Thanks! I found it and I am downloading write now!

Banned
    Can you post a link to that download. Please???

Taiyo
    After Shadodancer told me about it I just went to http://www.cnet.com and went to Downloads and typed in Autoplay Menu Studio and it took me to a direct download for a demo of it.

C-ya
    RickB.

Once again Thanks Shadodancer!

P.S.
    PEACE!!!!!

Ok I got the program.....but....what I want to do is this....

Ok I the user is on a PC I want it to auto start the flash .exe file and if they don't I want it to start up the Flash plugin and ask them if they want to install it....vice versa for MAC users.

Ambassador of Style

OK...

Try setting up the two different auto-run files on the CD.
    Set up each movie version to have a checker before it goes on to the content of the movie.

Set up the checker so that if the user has the plug-in - the movie goes on...

If they don't have it go to a part of the movie that offers the download - and have the plugins on the CD - don't have it access the net.

Hope this helps!

-A02

One thing I'd like to add, just in case you are missing this...

The standalone player (your movie.exe file) that you are including on your CD will play on ANY PC. It is not necessary to have the Flash plugin installed on the users system. The only time you would need the Flash plugin installed on their PC is if you are using HTML pages with .SWF's on your CD.

Just put in the autorun to lauch the CD automatically, and you are all set.

Ambassador of Style

Smile Whoops.

Yeah... serious brain fart on my part there.

heheheheh!

-A02

How about for MAC?!!?

Reply to JabezStone..........What about a hybrid CD for PC/Mac? I've done a few CD's for PC only and understand the autorun, icon and .exe drill. How would you make a CD that would automatically play the Mac file or the PC file that was generated from Flash?

Thank you for your prompt response!

Reply to Darro and JabezStone.....Darro you are absolutly correct! I can make a cd and have it auto run perfectly for a PC but heah I use a PC and a MAC!!!! How do I make it work for both no matter what platform....THAT I am still trying to figure out!!!

what you need to do is make a separate projector as a hqx file...you can do this from the publish settings...then you need to get the mac version of an autoplay script. you can do this at several resource places around the web. you are looking for something called an 'applescript' and they are available for download in lots of locations...many of which with generator type features that allow you to input file names and info and it will spit out a file for you. try it out. you may need to find a mac though to further edit and test.

Ok I went here: http://www.apple.com/applescript/ is this a good start for looking for the applescript???

Yes!

That's probably the best place to start.

Since the PC and Mac look for diffrent start up scripts you could probably get away with just burning 1 cd.

Smile Goog luck finding the script!

Ok I went here: http://www.apple.com/applescript/ is this a good start for looking for the applescript???
    IT REALLY DOES WORK!!! (You gotta have a Mac though!)

Here is what I found out today, and I hope it helps you out! The applescript is definitely the way to go, but I've had a tough time finding the script. Checked lots of sites, found all kinds of resources for really complicated stuff, but nothing for simply making a CD startup a program. So I figured out a work around. First of all, with Macs, there is a Quicktime Control Panel that has to have the "AUTOPLAY" button checked. This works similar to the Windows "AUTOPLAY" setting.

Here is the hardware configuration that works for me. Mac G3 with external burner and "Toast" software. I've got version 3.5.3. In the Toast program, make a CD that is ISO 9660 compatible format and in the file structure settings, make it "Joliette" and "Mac Files" active. Next, make a temporary partion on the computer (Toast does this). Then the drag and drop settings will allow you to drop the Mac Flash file on the Mac partition and also allow you to drop the Win .exe, icon.ico and autorun.inf files on the Win partion. Then go back to the "details" section of the Mac partition and check "autorun" and point to the Mac executable. By the way, you'll have to unstuff the .hqx file the FLASH program generates in the PUBLISH settings.

Basically, that's it! Burn the CD and it will autosense what OS can see what partition, then it will autoplay. Works like a champ! I had to figure this out quick for a new gig and had to have a proposal/bid done today for the job. I know Applescript is the way to go, but this is the only solution I could find. Believe me, I made a few "coasters" today, but hopefully you won't.

Good luck!

Lightbulb CD Autorun Applescript

If anyone finds the Autorun Applescript, could you post the URL?

Thanks!

Luckly enough my work gave a G4 and a PC to work with. We also have a machine we call Crash Test Dummy. Its a old P-100 that's stipped to the bones so that we can do testing with.

i have a friend that is going to help me with my applescript this week. if you want...give me the file name of your stuff and i could make yours at the same time? let me know.

bhughes

Thanks!!!!!!!! I already have the PC file made on the autorun script fo the PC I named the PC file cdrom.exe. I guess I'll just call the MAC file cdrom also. When I published it out of FLASH I called the projector cdrom.

Smile Thanks for the Applescript offer!

Originally posted by bhughes
    i have a friend that is going to help me with my applescript this week. if you want...give me the file name of your stuff and i could make yours at the same time? let me know.
    My executeable file is going to be called "vt". Thanks!