A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] CD

Hey darro....one other thing....I had one of my tech guys burn me CD's when I was first trying to make this CD and when they burned the CD using the TOAST on an external CD burner they said they where burning the CD with the ISO settings that you where talking about earlier but no luck.....Plus the CD would work on a MAC providing I manually opened it....but unless the PC had a MAC opener it wouldn't work...which is the reason I said earlier that we have our Crash Test Dummy Machine...if it don't open up on that or don't run wright off in the trash it goes (the flash project I mean). My company is mostly 99.9% MAC based...I'm the .1% with both machines because I have to do my animations, videos and sites.

We are at the mercy of the Autorun Settings!

Originally posted by nigsed-d3
    Hey darro....one other thing....I had one of my tech guys burn me CD's when I was first trying to make this CD and when they burned the CD using the TOAST on an external CD burner they said they where burning the CD with the ISO settings that you where talking about earlier but no luck.....Plus the CD would work on a MAC providing I manually opened it....but unless the PC had a MAC opener it wouldn't work...which is the reason I said earlier that we have our Crash Test Dummy Machine...if it don't open up on that or don't run wright off in the trash it goes (the flash project I mean). My company is mostly 99.9% MAC based...I'm the .1% with both machines because I have to do my animations, videos and sites.
    Yep, however much thinking we put into this, if the Autorun settings are set to "off", nothing works. But there is still hope! Did you try burning your CD with your MAC folder open on the desktop at your desired layout/settings? If you leave this window open, size it to your required settings, clean up the window and name your Flash file to something really obvious like "CLICK HERE", the user can easily figure it out. This is how most Mac CD's open up, revealing an installer program.

Also, surprised to hear that TOAST at ISO 9660 didn't work. You might have to double check the settings again. I remember that the Autorun must be checked and browse for the MAC file to open. Next, the ISO settings were set to "Joiette/WIN95 and allow Mac filenames". This setting also keeps the upper/lower case naming of files intact.

We are a small shop, and with these settings our autorun CD worked on a G3, G4, G4 500 Laptop, Win98, Win98 Laptop and WinME boxes.

I don't feel so bad about making "coasters" these days. I remember in 1995 trying to make "hybrid" Data CD's working, when our Pinnacle micro burner was $1,800 and blanks were $10 a piece! The Pinnacle burner really sucked!

Good luck!

I will tell my guy who burns the CDs and let him figure it out....now does the Autorun need to be turned on...on a mac or is it already preset to autorun???

Autorun

I will tell my guy who burns the CDs and let him figure it out....now does the Autorun need to be turned on...on a mac or is it already preset to autorun???
    Autorun: Under the apple menu/quicktime control panel/Autostart / autorun CD.

I think the panel is set to Autorun in it's preset state. You might double check it though.

You are very correct on this and mine is preset to auto start CDs

Re: Autorun

Originally posted by darro
    Autorun: Under the apple menu/quicktime control panel/Autostart / autorun CD.

I think the panel is set to Autorun in it's preset state. You might double check it though.

http://www.cdeverywhere.com

do it all from your PC - creates .iso images for your burner

Easiest and most reliable way that I have found. Easier than TOAST.

No, I do not work for the company.

Tim

resolved

Why would you like to do so, if the .exe file itself is a flash standalone player?

Your right the .exe is a standalone for flash but I believe its only on the PC. I beleive you need the Projector file for the MAC. So what you have to do for a CD is make it so the .exe file autoruns on the PC and the projector file autoruns on the MAC and all on one CD.

C-ya
    RickB.

hey man. sorry that i didnt come through on that script. turns out that the guy that was going to help me flaked and lied about his abilities...so i ended up with no script. my interface working on a mac was a pretty much optional thing for this project, so i just published without it.

again, im sorry if my unkept promise lead to any scheduling or deadline problems on your side. feel free to punch me in the teeth...well, that may be hard to do over the web, but its probably easier than creating an autorun applescript right?

Hey no problem.....but I am still trying to work on a solution. But hey the Client never called back to ask for a mac CD so hey I'm not going to sweat it!