A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to make A Pyramid?

Can anyone help in making a pyramid? I don't want anyone to make it for me just give me hints in how I could go about making one. Thanks!

Draw it in Flash or Illustrator like it was a cardboard box that was layed out flat. In other words, a square in the middle with a triangle pointing out in each direction. Does that make sense?

Then export it as EPS and you're in business! You will need to ungroup it in Swift to work with the individual pieces. You will also want to make the pieces very thin using the sizing / depth function so you don't have a bunch of stuff overlapping at the point of the pyramid. Good luck!

FK Doctor of Love
    I think another, maybe easier, option would be to use a symbol based font and use the character map. I can't be sure whether or not there is a pyramid shape in there or not (I'm at work and no Swift 3D on this computer) but it's worth a shot. Also, I came across a place once where I downloaded some more primitives for Swift 3D (not warez, perfectly legal) and I will look and see if I still have the address for that.

Post Meshes

Humm..
    looks like someone needs to make some basic meshes and post them up on Flashkit somewere

Then everyone who doesn't have a 3DstudioMax type program can get the basic shapes their looking for...

Make a List and I'll start on it

Red

Re: Meshes

Originally posted by RedWolf
    Humm..
    looks like someone needs to make some basic meshes and post them up on Flashkit somewere

Then everyone who doesn't have a 3DstudioMax type program can get the basic shapes their looking for...

Make a List and I'll start on it

Red
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like a good idea! We have Truspace at work and I know that has basic shapes including Pyramids because my colleague Andy was using one for a set design today. There are sites out there that post 3DS and DXF files for download (3D Cafe for eg) but I don't know if they have just basic shapes. The other way to make simple geometric shapes in Flash is to use Actionscript. But I'm not a coder and I suppose thats why we all got Swift 3d!