A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tracking variables from swf to swf???????

Tracking variables from swf to swf???????

Dilemma:

I am loading and unloading swf's on the main timeline. The swf's have a button that controls an "auto-run" capablility with variables. Originally, it was one large (I am talking King Kong's hemorroids large)file; and it crashed the mediocre computers for which it is intended. Thus, it was broken into separate swf's which load in sequence. The auto-run lets each swf play through. If it is off, the player stops waiting to prompted forward. If it is on, the player plays on.

Having said all of that, what I really want to do is keep the button state from section to section.

Sorry the description is a bit long.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Hi..

Why not place the button in it's own swf file, which you can load into the highest level, then target the different level's from this one movie. You will be able to 'keep the button state' as this button will reside on top of all the other movies.
    Or are you asking about, being able to target variables on differing levels? As long as you target the level, where your variables reside, first then you can use these variables where ever they are.

Sorry if I've misunderstood.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
    I'll give it a try and let you know.
    Right now all the swf's are on level 0 should I move them to 1?

Tim