A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: **** Swish 2.0 Alpha 5 BUG THREAD ****

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by flash777

1. Can "Hot Keys" be assigned to Navigate between scenes?
    This would be MOST AWESOME!
    All I would need to do is add a Next Scene and Prev Scene command to a menu (View menu make sense I thinkg) and maybe put it on a toolbar as well. Then you can define hot keys for it. I'll see if there is time for that.
    2. Speaking of the outline view, is there any way to give
    us the ability to "drap & drop" by mouse click (or "Hot
    Keys") Scene and/or stuff within the Scene "ORDER" ???
    3. BTW, where are the Up/Down arrow buttons to change the
    order of Scenes or contained items???
    People are still asking this? I thought it had been explained in countless threads before .. one more for the road then .. look at the Order toolbar .. it has the (windows standard) icons for changing order for objects. And, if ther eis time, I may add up/down arrow icons (and maybe a delete icon) above the Outline tree.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    YAWN...I got out of bed about 3:30AM, ate 3 bowls of
    cereal & decided to investigate Alpha 5. It's now 5:17AM
    and I gotta go back to bed.

BUT...found another jewel for you.

View | Customize | Toolbars | Reset All

Sorry, it doesn't fully work. I had moved some of the
    toolbar components and tried to "Reset" several times
    but no dice.

Now...ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    It does what it is supposed to do which is reset the content of the toolbars to the defaults. It is not suppposed to reset their positions.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    OH OH ... I just noticed that the "Movie" & "Transform"
    panels in that lower right hand section of the GUI (I
    can never remember what the area is called) has a problem.
    I noticed that today as well .. one can shrink the main window so that the bottom (or right depending on where it is) of the panels in a tabbed control bar get cut off. Looks like it isn't taking the tab sizes into account. Weird.

Nice improvements!!!

I think the function to place a clipped bitmap into an object is broken though. It crashes every time I try to select a JPG to place in the shape. Doesn't matter what shape I use either. Happens as soon as I click OK on the file. Using Win98SE/IE5.5/256mb RAM, Swish2.0a5

SWISH200 caused an invalid page fault in
    module SWISH200.EXE at 017f:0056e4c2.
    Registers:
    EAX=017c850e CS=017f EIP=0056e4c2 EFLGS=00010293
    EBX=00000001 SS=0187 ESP=0093e7f4 EBP=0093e7fc
    ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=017c8520 FS=2c27
    EDX=00000001 ES=0187 EDI=018d6800 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    88 07 8b 45 08 5e 5f c9 c3 90 8a 06 88 07 8a 46
    Stack dump:
    0093e8a0 00000001 0093e824 005deed7 018d6800 017c8520 00000001 017bd06c 0000001a 0050bde4 0093e8a0 0093e8a0 0093e864 00500701 018d6800 00000001

Also, I've never gotten a response to the question: WHAT THE HECK DOES ON DRAG OVER/OUT DO and how does one use it? Does this mean I can drag a sprite or object around? The help files in 1.52 are kinda vague about the whole thing.

GREAT WORK GALS & GUYS

=)

I tried to import an SWF of the size of 68kb.When impoting it has a sprite(which is awesome)everything goes smoothly but when i tries importing it directly into the scene swish froze but didn't give me an error or anything as if it was to much for it to handle.

Originally posted by spam.lover
    Nice improvements!!!

I think the function to place a clipped bitmap into an object is broken though. It crashes every time I try to select a JPG to place in the shape. Doesn't matter what shape I use either. Happens as soon as I click OK on the file. Using Win98SE/IE5.5/256mb RAM, Swish2.0a5

=)
    I couldn't reproduce the crash. Could you send the jpg file to hhchang9@optushome.com.au ?

Thanks,

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by Rykor
    I tried to import an SWF of the size of 68kb.When impoting it has a sprite(which is awesome)everything goes smoothly but when i tries importing it directly into the scene swish froze but didn't give me an error or anything as if it was to much for it to handle.
    How did you import it directly into the scene? Did you highlight the root and import the SWF? No, that doesn't work. To get rid of the sprite layer, you can just ungroup the sprite.

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    How did you import it directly into the scene? Did you highlight the root and import the SWF? No, that doesn't work. To get rid of the sprite layer, you can just ungroup the sprite.
    Your able to import it directly into the scene rather than a sprite by not checking the import as sprite and it will adjust itself to your scene.It worked both times I tried it with my flashfooter but it died when I tried it with an enitre movie(the 68kb one) but works fine as a sprite.So I just figured it was a bug because it worked with one but not another.

(flash777)
    1. Can "Hot Keys" be assigned to Navigate between scenes?
    This would be MOST AWESOME!

(Roger)
    All I would need to do is add a Next Scene and Prev Scene command to a menu (View menu make sense I thinkg) and maybe put it on a toolbar as well. Then you can define hot keys for it. I'll see if there is time for that.

Hey Thanks!!! Maybe even via a the right-click mouse action & panel? Here's an interesting
    thought. Right-clicking the mouse brings up slender/slim dialog panels...even if we had a
    "Monster" one in height, minimizing movement clear up to the toolbars would be great. I
    just saw a vision of separate "Sections" ... you know...typical separators in-between, but
    where they also had (sub)Section "Titles", like maybe in Bright Blue...or Red:

1. Editing
    2. Navagation
    3. Actions
    4. etc., etc.

(Roger)
    And, if there is time, I may add up/down arrow icons (and maybe a delete icon) above the Outline tree.

Ohhhhhh...this would be so nice. The ultimate would be dragability up and down with the
    mouse ... maybe Ctrl + Left Mouse or Alt + Left Mouse, etc.

Let me know when you guys want Pizza & Beer down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    (Roger)
    And, if there is time, I may add up/down arrow icons (and maybe a delete icon) above the Outline tree.

Ohhhhhh...this would be so nice. The ultimate would be dragability up and down with the
    mouse ... maybe Ctrl + Left Mouse or Alt + Left Mouse, etc.
    Just added Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down in the Timeline and Outline panels to reorder depth of objects (and move scenes in outline view)

(Roger)

(flash777)
    Ohhhhhh...this would be so nice. The ultimate would be dragability up and down with the mouse ... maybe Ctrl + Left Mouse or Alt + Left Mouse, etc.

(Roger)
    Just added Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down in the Timeline and Outline panels to reorder depth of objects (and move scenes in outline view)

Thank You...You Are A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!

What do we use to move items *within* the Scene Up/Down?
    Maybe, umh, like... Alt+UP and Alt+Down once the Scene
    is selected???
    [Edited by flash777 on 02-10-2001 at 05:08 PM]

Replying to Flash777:

You wrote a post about the modifying the effects panel and I agree with that wholeheartedly. I would say that the panel should be reshaped (preferably in a horizontal fashion and dock along the bottom or top) and should be docked wherever you left it the last time you shut the program down. Ideally it should resizable/shapeable by the user but if that is not possible make it long like a timeline and take advantage of horizontal space.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Hey Roger, David & Hung Hsin,
    been playing with V2 this morning, really nice piece of work.

a couple of problems and a few 'I wonders if - '

The problems

1) when trying to use the slide in effect, clicking on the 'Easing options' tab shows me just a blank box, no dialogue or choices or anything.
    It is the same with all the effects and also with text objects & vector objects. I don't know about image objects.

2) Gradient properties pop-up doesn't appear to work for me.

The comments & Questions

1) Any chance of saving particular gradients/transparencies for future re-use? Maybe by adding to a custom palette that you can load for use?

2) Any chance of option in 'edit' menu to rotate object by a set angle, i.e. 180/90/45/15 ?

3)Can I click on objects in the timeline and drag them to different levels? (if so this is not working for me) I know you can use the 'bring to front'/'send back'/etc., but it would be nice to have drag and drop.

4)Is it possible that preview/play mode could show objects only how they appear on the stage and not outside of the stage boundaries (do you know what I mean?).

5)Any chance of a 'combine' function (similar to MM Fireworks) where vector objects can be used together, like 'punch', 'crop', 'union' and 'intersect'. The 'Punch' option allows one object to make a hole in another, 'union' joins them, 'intersect' removes both objects but leaves any overlap as a new object, and so on.

thats all for now,
    cheers,
    david p

[i[Originally posted by FATBRAIN[/i]
    ---flash777--- wrote a post about the modifying the effects panel and I agree with that wholeheartedly. I would say that the panel should be reshaped (preferably in a horizontal
    fashion and dock along the bottom or top) and should be docked wherever you left it the last time you shut the program down. Ideally it should resizable/shapeable by the user but if that is not possible make it long like a timeline and take advantage of horizontal space.

Roger...Vertical is preferred for me, but FATBRAIN has a good suggestion...this could be
    a very lonnnnnnggg Horizontal strip! But user-defined (ONE-TIME) dock-lock is critical.

Originally posted by david petley
    1) Any chance of saving particular gradients/transparencies for future re-use? Maybe by adding to a custom palette that you can load for use?

David's suggestion is really powerful...just like saving text effects, this could add a whole
    new dimension of productive reuseability and an AWESOME LIBRARY of gradient effects.
    If these could be later shared by SWiSHer's and loaded for use this would be the ultimate
    cosmic event in SWiSHLand (or, one of them :-)

---flash777---

Found a bug that amy not have been reported:
    Sometimes when you convert a number of selected objects/texts into a sprite, some of these loose their original positions.

Originally posted by david petley

5)Any chance of a 'combine' function (similar to MM Fireworks) where vector objects can be used together, like 'punch', 'crop', 'union' and 'intersect'. The 'Punch' option allows one object to make a hole in another, 'union' joins them, 'intersect' removes both objects but leaves any overlap as a new object, and so on.

This would be a very useful feature. As would exporting these objects to a format that Swift 3d can read(think it is a level 3 .emf).
    Dawn

speed ?

I am just wondering, I have seen lots of bugs/problems being noted in the forum, however I missed seeing a question/reply about the speed of V2.0
    Is the speed of the program itself going to be improved once all other bugs/adds on have been finished with or is the current speed it ?
    I have a PIII, 128Kb RAM and, it is very slow (windows appearing, moving objects, etc). It crashes my PC everytime, regardless what I am doing, after having been playing with Swish. I have to reboot everytime.
    Is this just me (so I can go and check what's wrong with my PC) or is this just part of the Alpha testing ?
    Your help in this matter is appreciated.
    Regards
    p.s. please don't take this as criticism, I love your work, I just need to work out what's causing me all these problems...

Choice Bro!
    FSWEB,

Swish 2 (A5) works fine on my AMD Thunderbird 800 128mb RAM,
    It has crashed just the once.

Regards

Rich

Whenever I try to draw some shapes in the sprite editing window, I have problems. I can draw a rectangle and then draw an elipse but when I click on the screen outside of the elipse the color goesaway leaving only the outline.
    I have duplicated this many times and the results are different each time. some times I can get two or three circles drawn before they start dissappearing, sometimes the rectangles disappear, some times they both dissappear

I hope this helps you
    Seth

This image crashes the program everytime

http://www.geocities.com/jmturner465...uct_scroll.jpg

I downloaded the image off of one of the other members pages to do my own 360 panoramic scroll. The image is apparently too large?

~Jer~

Another bug

When I tried to use the FS Commands feature all of the letters went into the field backwards. Try it you'll see what I mean. The word rewind looks like dniwer. I didnt check to see whether or not the player would understand the word or not, but like I said in a previous post I have never got an fs command to work as of yet. Im sure that this is majorly due to the fact that I have no idea what the hell Im doing.

~Jer~