A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: **** Swish 2.0 Alpha 5 BUG THREAD ****

Insert Image Bug

I'm not sure what is causing this problem but when inserting (jpg's) swish crashes.And gives me this error
    SWISH200 caused an invalid page fault in
    module SWISH200.EXE at 0167:005e1b27.
    Registers:
    EAX=00188948 CS=0167 EIP=005e1b27 EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=0093f420 EBP=0093f4a8
    ECX=025c1170 DS=016f ESI=0093f910 FS=533f
    EDX=0000002b ES=016f EDI=025c1170 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    ff 10 50 8b ce e8 d5 01 00 00 8b ce e8 8c ff ff
    Stack dump:
    0093f910 0254faa4 00000000 005d29ef 025c1170 0254a5a0 0093f910 004524ce 0093f910 0093f534 0254a5a0 0047ef8d 00000000 3ff00000 00000000 00000000
    Im unsure why this is happening because some pictures are inserting just fine and well others just crash swish.

Re: This image crashes the program everytime

Originally posted by Jerry T
    http://www.geocities.com/jmturner465...uct_scroll.jpg

I downloaded the image off of one of the other members pages to do my own 360 panoramic scroll. The image is apparently too large?

~Jer~
    It's a bug. I've fixed it.

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by sep
    Whenever I try to draw some shapes in the sprite editing window, I have problems. I can draw a rectangle and then draw an elipse but when I click on the screen outside of the elipse the color goesaway leaving only the outline.
    I have duplicated this many times and the results are different each time. some times I can get two or three circles drawn before they start dissappearing, sometimes the rectangles disappear, some times they both dissappear

I hope this helps you
    Seth
    Yep! It's a bug and has been fixed.

Hung-Hsin

Frame Label Alert!

You may already be aware of this, but on frame labels, I can create them in a scene or a sprite object no problem, but the Label dialog/pull down in the goto frame command doesn't respond at all, neither in a scene or a sprite object.

Thanks, Will

this isn't a bug but a control issue.I'm one of those users who like to have complete control and flexibility.I realize that a sprite is a self running movie inside of a movie but shouldn't you be able to link it up with the rest of your movie.What I mean is in the sprite you have the option of on press got to frame x of your sprite but you dont have an option to tell it to go to a specific frame of your movie which can cause a block that you have to work around because your unable to get your sprite to interact with your movie which beats some of the whole point because correct me if I'm wrong but a sprite is for interaction with its scenery(movie).Kinda like a video game your character is the sprite but your sprite is able to change things throughout the scenery(movie)making the user feel like theyre in control.I hope anything I said makes sence cuase i skipped grammer to shorten it.

Bugs and Problems

Hi Roger!
    Hi Hung!

I have some problems with SWiSH a5:

1st. I have a swi, maked with 1.52, with Slide In/Out efect with start alpha 30%. BUT option Unchainged alpha
    don't work. It's starts 30%, but finished in 100% Opaque!!!!

2nd. Convert to button don't work! I try to convert group of rectangle and elipse - the result is resized icon of this operation (Convert to button).

3rd. BUG! Efect properties dialog don't remember value, wich I type, only after Enter - when I type a value and change to Easyng or Motion Tab, values is disapearing

4th. There is a screenshot with some UI problems:

http://free.bol.bg/meloman/SWiSH_a5.gif

a) TimeLine - There needs a microscope to see frames, keyfames, actions and efects!!! (No problem in alpha 3)
    b) Also I cannot see properly object buttons left to TimeLine

I have some recommendations:

1st. Add round corners
    2nd. In "Convert to button" function, make Hit state equal to other states (If I have elipse - elipse at Hit state for example)

Bye.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by Rykor
    this isn't a bug but a control issue.I'm one of those users who like to have complete control and flexibility.I realize that a sprite is a self running movie inside of a movie but shouldn't you be able to link it up with the rest of your movie.What I mean is in the sprite you have the option of on press got to frame x of your sprite but you dont have an option to tell it to go to a specific frame of your movie which can cause a block that you have to work around because your unable to get your sprite to interact with your movie which beats some of the whole point because correct me if I'm wrong but a sprite is for interaction with its scenery(movie).Kinda like a video game your character is the sprite but your sprite is able to change things throughout the scenery(movie)making the user feel like theyre in control.I hope anything I said makes sence cuase i skipped grammer to shorten it.
    Rykor,
    have you tried placing your action/s on the sprite in the main movie instead of in the sprite timeline?
    I had problems with actions and sprites recently, when I applied an action in the main movie, the sprite would no longer do what it was supposed to (simply rotate). I contacted DM with the problem and he confirmed a bug which he has since fixed. Should be in the next alpha.
    Put your zipped .swi on a server somewhere if you would like members to see what you have done. There may be solutions.
    david p.

Rykor, what you want is a "Tell Target" command function. This is reportedly top on the list of remaining items for 2.0. Tell target let's you command ("tell") a timeline ("target") from within a different timeline.

It sounds like they're making progress, let's hope it makes it into 2.0!

Best, Will

Re: Frame Label Alert!

Originally posted by flashopper
    You may already be aware of this, but on frame labels, I can create them in a scene or a sprite object no problem, but the Label dialog/pull down in the goto frame command doesn't respond at all, neither in a scene or a sprite object.

Thanks, Will
    Just reposting this on the bottom of the list to make sure Roger/Hung see it. thanks...

Re: Bugs and Problems

Originally posted by Stefan_Shterev
    2nd. Convert to button don't work! I try to convert group of rectangle and elipse - the result is resized icon of this operation (Convert to button).
    This has been fixed, and will work correctly in the next release.

Cheers, David.

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    [B]Please submit bug reports and comments here.

As before, remember that exporting is disabled in this alpha version.

Also, if the UI gets totally confused, try exiting from SWiSH and deleting the registry entry (see the Alpha 5 announcement thread at http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...threadid=97282 for details).

[B]Good luck and enjoy the new Alpha !!
    Why the exporting is disabled becuause it´s beta
    -------------------------
    Best regards, Luizz

Re: Frame Label Alert!

Originally posted by flashopper
    This has been fixed and will work correctly in the next release.

Cheers, David.

Sprites will be able to control the main movie (and vice versa) when we implement the 'Tell Target' action. Essentially, any Sprite or Scene will be able to control any other Sprite or Scene. Tell Target will be available in the final v2.0 release.

Cheers, David.

Originally posted by David Michie
    Sprites will be able to control the main movie (and vice versa) when we implement the 'Tell Target' action. Essentially, any Sprite or Scene will be able to control any other Sprite or Scene. Tell Target will be available in the final v2.0 release.

Cheers, David.
    David,
    Will this allow for the main movie to control loaded movies as well? Doesn't look it...but is it a big thing to add, (as this will really help with the download time of additional .swf's in large projects)?
    Cheers,
    Dawn

Originally posted by dbd David,

Will this allow for the main movie to control loaded movies as well? Doesn't look it...but is it a big thing to add, (as this will really help with the download time of additional .swf's in large projects)?
    Cheers,
    Dawn
    Not sure about loaded movies. If you have Flash read up about Tell Target. Whatever rules apply to Flash will apply to Swish as well.

Cheers, David.

Yes! Don't have Flash...but from everything I have read, "Tell Target" controls loaded .swf's as well!
    Thanks David.
    Cheers,
    Dawn

BTW David, it's Wednesday am. in Austrailia. Waiting here breathless.
    Dawn

Originally posted by dbd
    Dawn
    It's noon in Sydney. Turning blue here as well...

Originally posted by dbd
    Dawn
    I have a meeting to go to sorry -- and new stuff not finished yet. Although, reshaping tool is looking good, and envelope (volume) control for sounds is 90% done.

Cheers, David.

Oooh, the agony!

Will keep an eye on this space...